Update #90: Shipping and Strategy Guide

So I've not recieved anything and my status still says shipping soon.

Where the heck is my stuff?

My order status also still says "shipping soon", and according to the tracking code/site it has already arrived here in the Netherlands, so I'm guessing that might not mean much. If you haven't had an email (and checked your spam box/folder), perhaps it's a good idea to send an email to paradox/obsidian?

Also got the mail that my package was going to arrive on the 14th (today).

So I took the day off (could do some stuff round the house anyway) to properly recieve it, but alas, it didn't arrive today. Gueess It's gonna be a the irritating roundabout way of them dropping by tomorrow seeing noones home, leaving again and stating that they'll be back at a later point in time.

Sigh... 

I just received my strategy guide from Amazon.

Is it normal that the pages are all wavy?

x4rzas.jpg

I mean, it's not a big deal, so if all the copies are like that i won't mind, but if mine is defected maybe i could ask for a replacement.

That's how paper works. I mean, you could potentially get a replacement, but paper is always going to warp.

Especially if exposed to changes in termperature and humidity.

Tell them to ship it in a temperture contolled, sealed box. ;) It won't be cheap though...

Or pick one up at a real bookstore where you can inspect it before buying it.

You can always send it back and ask for a replacement, if you think you were just unlucky.

If you livein bad dynamic weather, or far away, it may just be standard.

Mine arrived sealed in plastic without those distortions. Was yours sealed in plastic?

Edited by Thrasher91604
  • Like 1

Just got my signed CE delivered. Germany.

And what do you think? Is it worthwhile the money?

I am very very happy with what I got! The CE box is like the one for BG2 CE. It is big and looks great. Signatures of developers looks nice and are on one side of the box. Opposite side is the same design but without signatures. The collector book is very well done. I also separately purchased prima guide hardcopy book. I am collector after all :)

T-shirt is also great. 

I am very happy and it is worth to me $250, but even more is that the game was made and that I am really having a good time.

• Like 2

Got my signed CE today (Ireland, EU), just had to open it:

Inside the package but not inside the actual CE box (mouse pad, tshirt and postcard):

1rTho53.jpg 

The CE box and its contents, a bright image and a not so bright one.

Left to right: CE Box, CE Slip Case (signed), Hardcover Guidebook

Bottom Row: Letter about Discs, Notepad, cloth patches, Game Manual, Cloth Map.

sgWRWwA.jpg  

QWu6thB.jpg

• Like 1

Got mine today as well :w00t: (Germany). Just a little dent on the backside of the box, but still in a very good conditon. Way better than I expected, considering the long journey. Iam very happy :dancing:

PS: I got a different drawing on the signed case. Very nice detail

Edited by Corlagon

38r7zxku.png

Well mine arrived now as well, although I wasn't there to accept it, the driver just put it in front of my door and signed in my name. (Kind off easy to  spot due to the spelling mistakes on the tracking site...). 

If it was in me to do so I'd just tell them it got stolen from where they dropped it off, but alas, somehow I keep striving to be a goody 2 shoes..

Anyway, slightly dissapointed the postcard itself wasn't signed <<.

Haven't opened the CE box itself yet as I'm still pondering whether or not I want to risk it tearing when looking at it. 

Just got my signed CE delivered. Germany.

And what do you think? Is it worthwhile the money?

I am very very happy with what I got! The CE box is like the one for BG2 CE. It is big and looks great. Signatures of developers looks nice and are on one side of the box. Opposite side is the same design but without signatures. The collector book is very well done. I also separately purchased prima guide hardcopy book. I am collector after all :)

T-shirt is also great. 

I am very happy and it is worth to me $250, but even more is that the game was made and that I am really having a good time.

That sounds good. I did not see the box or the contents yet and avoided any spoiler so far.

Thanks for the info.

Same here.

I got an email from Paradox saying that they will deliver a postcard and a mousepad. No news on the rest of the items. Am I safe to assume those will come in a different delivery?

On top of that, the address was truncated so it's impossible those actually get to their destination.  :banghead:

I'm not a satisfied customer.

I hope to get my items by tomorrow. Its a shame that there is no tracking possibility. AND I do hope that the making of and the novella will be ready soon. But I guess Novella will take a few month. Even the novella from WL2 isnt reade yet; also by Chris Avellone....

I got a mail four days ago from Paradox, saying they've shipped mine and gave me a tracking link (expecting it to become active in 1-2 days). Tracking link still can't find my parcel. So much for our glorious automatons! The package itself was expected to arrive from today up til two days from now. Let's see if that bit holds.

"Shipping Soon" Is the recurring theme these last few weeks. I find it interesting that Obsidian is based in North America but the boxed games are arriving overseas in Europe before people in America get theirs. I'd like to point out that I have not only seen this problem for myself but I also know that even though many people on both sides of the pond have received theirs many have not. I just would like to see an update from "Shipping Soon" to....shipped maybe? It has said "shipping soon" since the day before launch.

Germany here, I'm still waiting for my CE. The email I got from Paradox told me the parcel was due to arrive between April 15th and April 17th. So I guess today is the day ;)

For me as well. I got the same email and HOPE to get the CE-Box today. Such a big country, even such a big city with 500K inhabitants and no game yet... Damn do I hate this.... :-)

Germany here, I'm still waiting for my CE. The email I got from Paradox told me the parcel was due to arrive between April 15th and April 17th. So I guess today is the day ;)

For me as well. I got the same email and HOPE to get the CE-Box today. Such a big country, even such a big city with 500K inhabitants and no game yet... Damn do I hate this.... :-)

Im in sweden, and it still says "shipping soon" for me. Starting to get a bit frustrated. Its been "shipping soon" for probably a month now.

Edited by BeauRoger

Im in sweden, and it still says "shipping soon" for me. Starting to get a bit frustrated. Its been "shipping soon" for probably a month now.

Check your emails. For me, it still says "shipping soon", yet I got an email from Paradox on April 10th telling me that my "swag is on the way" (no kidding).