Update #90: Shipping and Strategy Guide

I just received my strategy guide from Amazon.

Is it normal that the pages are all wavy?

x4rzas.jpg

I mean, it's not a big deal, so if all the copies are like that i won't mind, but if mine is defected maybe i could ask for a replacement.

It also should be noted that to preorder it i followed the link in the news when it was announced and therefore preordered from amazon.COM, since there was no mention of the guide being available in Europe as well, therefore i only realized that i could have ordered it from amazon.UK a couple minutes ago, meaning i basically wasted my money in shipping and custom fees, thanks a lot. :banghead:

I just received my strategy guide from Amazon.

Is it normal that the pages are all wavy?

x4rzas.jpg

I mean, it's not a big deal, so if all the copies are like that i won't mind, but if mine is defected maybe i could ask for a replacement.

It also should be noted that to preorder it i followed the link in the news when it was announced and therefore preordered from amazon.COM, since there was no mention of the guide being available in Europe as well, therefore i only realized that i could have ordered it from amazon.UK a couple minutes ago, meaning i basically wasted my money in shipping and custom fees, thanks a lot. :banghead:

You're dealing with amazon - in my experience they have been pretty cool about replacing defective products - just go to their contact page and talk to their support.

Wavy pages? That might have just been something that happened during shipping (maybe it got really warm or something?). Mine had the same thing when it arrived but now it looks okay.

Also, nice keyboard - is it Ducky?

Edited by theacefes

Received my signed Collector's Edition box (with signed guidebook), t-shirt, post card and mouse pad via postal delivery today (April 2/2015). Annoying that the mail carrier just left the box on my door step because no one was home at the time, but that's an issue with our post office (Toronto, Canada).

Paradox Interactive had previously sent me an email on March 26/2015, notifying me that the items had shipped via USPS with an estimated delivery date of April 3rd to April 9th, so everything actually arrived a day early.

My package had an issue being delivered and is now being returned to sender. Apparently some issue with my address?

Obsidian, who should I contact to get this sorted out? You guys or Paradox? I may need to provide an alternate address.

Thanks!

Got my "everything but the disk" package a couple of days ago, is there any word on when the rest ships?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You're dealing with amazon - in my experience they have been pretty cool about replacing defective products - just go to their contact page and talk to their support.

Wavy pages? That might have just been something that happened during shipping (maybe it got really warm or something?). Mine had the same thing when it arrived but now it looks okay.

Also, nice keyboard - is it Ducky?

Yeah, Amazon return policy is good, but the problem is that we are talking about something i bought from overseas. I honestly don't want to pay the shipping fees to USA twice. That would kill me.

The pages definetely STAYED wavy, in my case. The book is cool and everything, but the pages are all bumpy and i don't like that. If yours had the same thing i'm suspicious about the quality of the paper, maybe it's mediocre? I never saw stuff like this with other Prima guides i own, but those were printed here in Italy.

P.S. Yeah, it's a Ducky Shine 4 with browns. I jumped on the mechanical keyboards hype bandwagon, yet i'm not at all that amazed about them like many people does on the internet. I mean, my membrane Logitech G15 was perfectly fine and while the feeling on the Ducky is definetely DIFFERENT, it's not necessarily BETTER. Actually, i think it's alright for gaming, but i liked typing on G15 better. I also do more mistypes on this one.

Ontario, Canada here.  Mine also says "shipping soon".

The only notification I've received via email is about the t-shirt swag.  The actual physical copy of the game which I ordered still seems to be in limbo.

Same. I don't think any of the standard (i.e., not signed collector's edition) boxed copies have been shipped.

I got a signed version and it's still Shipping Soon.

No email, no nothing....Romania

Edited by commie

For my fellow Europeans;

from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/1188370 (also in mail from kickstarter);

"Shipping

As some of you may have seen already, the game has started shipping out. When your shipment is sent, you should get an email sent to your email on record in the Backer Portal stating that it is in transit.

People in the United States should be seeing their physical items coming in very soon - if they haven't gotten them already.

Our shipments going out to Europeans should be landing in the U.K. early next week. At that point the shipments will start going out to folks. The best estimate that we have currently is that people will start seeing their shipments arrive around the middle of April.

For those people who only have a standard physical copy of the game and no additional physical goods, the box will ship once the discs are finished being pressed. You shouldn't be hindered from playing the game as we have made sure that all physical copies of the game were also given a digital copy. You can go to your Products tab in the Backer Portal to redeem your key if you have not done so already.

One last note, if you were late in confirming your pledge and placing your order your items will be sent in a later shipment.

We appreciate your patience as we try to get your rewards to you as fast as we can."

Bit more patience :)
  • Like 2

I hope it will start to be distributed ... it's getting long ...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

So, my strategy guide just arrived via Amazon... And man, this is a big thing! It was in foil and the more than 500 pages are all flat. Very good print. And the best thing: I only paid 22 Euros for this big book.

Regarding Shipping of the Game Box: Still shipping soon....

Unfortunately the strategy guide has some pretty serious errors and omissions, like stating that you can't save skill points for future level ups, when apparently you can, and actually MUST to be able to reach the skill levels.

It's also missing nonviolent solutions to the lighthouse and theorems quests.

I'm becoming dissappointed in the quality of the content. Talents aren't even sorted alphbetically. Simple stuff that should have been easy to do right. It looks pretty, though... :ermm:

Edited by Thrasher91604

"Signed Retail Collector's Edition - $250.00 - Royal Edition"

I thoguht this included the hrd copy of the strategy guide but I got mine in the mail and just got the 'collector's book' not the stratgey guide. I noticed on my backer page it says 'collector's book' but I was told that was just a  typo. The whole point of $250 was to get the strategy guide. Did I screw up or did Paradox/Obsidian do so?

(talking physical copy as  computer version  nets me everything <>)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My order is still sitting at "Shipping soon".  I haven't received any email updates on when that will actually become "shipped".

Edit: Just got an email about it.  Seems there's a delay.  At least I now know what's going on.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Signed Retail Collector's Edition - $250.00 - Royal Edition"

I thoguht this included the hrd copy of the strategy guide but I got mine in the mail and just got the 'collector's book' not the stratgey guide. I noticed on my backer page it says 'collector's book' but I was told that was just a  typo. The whole point of $250 was to get the strategy guide. Did I screw up or did Paradox/Obsidian do so?

(talking physical copy as  computer version  nets me everything )

The collector's book was never a strategy guide. You got the hard copy of the lore/world book.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I actually got an email from Paradox Interactive on 27/03 saying my swag is on it way. The tracking number provided only shows that a shipping label has been created and there has been no updates on the USPS site since then.

In my Obsidian account page, my order still says shipping soon.

I emailed Paradox Interactive but have received no response from them and was wondering where exactly that leaves my order??  ;(

I just got an email from Paradox stating my second T Shirt and the playing cards are on the way. No mention of the actual Collector's Edition.

On top of that Paradox has managed to screw up my delivery address, as the building number and floor aren't included, which means the items are being shipped to nowhere at all. I am not amused.

• Like 2

Heja Sverige!!

"The collector's book was never a strategy guide. You got the hard copy of the lore/world book."

ReallY? Damn I completely got that wrong. Damn it. Another $30 down the train. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I just got an email from Paradox stating my second T Shirt and the playing cards are on the way. No mention of the actual Collector's Edition.

On top of that Paradox has managed to screw up my delivery address, as the building number and floor aren't included, which means the items are being shipped to nowhere at all. I am not amused.

After my complaint Paradox replied that they managed to correct the address on one of my orders, and that they'll send a second package in substitution of the one that was sent out with wrong address.

Fast and appropriate reply from Paradox. Nice.

Heja Sverige!!

After my complaint Paradox replied that they managed to correct the address on one of my orders, and that they'll send a second package in substitution of the one that was sent out with wrong address.

Fast and appropriate reply from Paradox. Nice.

You're doing better than me! I have had no response to my enquiry to Paradox at all!  :down: Can I ask how long it took for you to receive a reply?