Update #90: Shipping and Strategy Guide

I hace a question.

If you buy the Royal Edition from Steam. When and how will I recive the Strategy Guide ?

Thanks so much

You will able to download (or more accurately steam will download it automatically if you have marked game to be installed/downloaded) when it is released in steam and with high likelihood it will be released same time with game itself.

Edited by Elerond

Yeah Arden, that's the same pledge that I made. I actually paid $65 for it, but I believe $15 was for shipping outside of the US (might be mistaken). It was not during kickstarter, it was during the 'slacker' backer PayPal period. I remember looking for the cheapest pledge for a boxed copy. TBH, I'm not sure now if there is a digital copy along with it, due to it being after the kickstarter period and all... 

I got the same Tier as you and kickstarted the game in addition (the digital only copy I think, $20 or dollar). I think I get a digital copy of the game but I'm not sure. If I have to wait for weeks to play the game due to postage times that would suck. 

Have the physical goods from the KS been shipped to their final destinations yet, ie. to the backer provided addresses?  Since no one has posted about having received anything (that I have seen), it seems like they may not have been.

What carrier was/will be used (USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc.) and will there ever be tracking info provided via the backer portal?

Have the physical goods from the KS been shipped to their final destinations yet, ie. to the backer provided addresses?  Since no one has posted about having received anything (that I have seen), it seems like they may not have been.

What carrier was/will be used (USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc.) and will there ever be tracking info provided via the backer portal?

Don't remember who posted it, but they said all items have been shipped, but the display in the backer portal hasn't updated to it yet.  This includes Air Delivery from Obsidian to Paradox for shipment to the those outside of the US.

As for what shipment type, unknown.  Haven't heard anything about that.

Edited by StromIV

Don't remember who posted it, but they said all items have been shipped, but the display in the backer portal hasn't updated to it yet.  This includes Air Delivery from Obsidian to Paradox for shipment to the those outside of the US.

As for what shipment type, unknown.  Haven't heard anything about that.

Yeah...based on the fact that no one has reported getting physical KS goods by now, in the US or anywhere, I am not sure that is the case, that all items have been shipped.  I have asked this question on multiple threads now and the lack of an official response is alarming.

Can we get an official update on the KS physical goods and what has shipped and what hasnt (and when everything will ship?).

This has been handled poorly.  Based on the poll, and previous Obsidian updates, a lot of backers were under the impression goods had already shipped, but only as of the 26th has anyone gotten a shipping notice, and it seems like more people have not got said notices than have.

I've already gotten shipping confirmation for my stuff (either last night, or the night before. I can't recall exactly, at the moment). But, I'm a U.S. backer.

Dunno if that's useful at all.

The email comes from Paradox, so check your junk/spam folders, people! :)

As for non-U.S. stuff, there was a post 3 or 4 days ago saying that they sent that stuff Air Freight to make up for the initial delays with the port strike and all that. I think they don't know exactly when it's going to get there, so they figure it's better to just tell people as soon as they have concrete news, rather than keep adjusting an "official estimate" every 10 minutes.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I've already gotten shipping confirmation for my stuff (either last night, or the night before. I can't recall exactly, at the moment). But, I'm a U.S. backer.

As for non-U.S. stuff, there was a post 3 or 4 days ago saying that they sent that stuff Air Freight to make up for the initial delays with the port strike and all that. I think they don't know exactly when it's going to get there, so they figure it's better to just tell people as soon as they have concrete news, rather than keep adjusting an "official estimate" every 10 minutes.

I got my email about 20 minutes ago.  Expected delivery March 30-31.

Are you a $250 backer as well?  I say that because we have the same badge.  In the email I got it detailed what was in the shipment, mousepad, shirt, postcard, signed CE box.  Nothing about the hardcover collector's book?  Same for you?

I'm the lower Collector's tier: $140.

I can't get to my email at the moment, but I seem to recall only 4 items listed. Those 4. I think the book might be inside the CE box. I think it's one of those big kind, with lots of stuff in it. Not just the little "there's a manual and a game disc that fit inside here" kind. 8P Just a suspicion, though.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

No email confirmation for me (checked in my junk file too).

I'm in the UK and backed at the $250 level. I don't expect a delivery estimate, but I would love some official announcement on when EU items shipped/will be shipping. Update 90 did imply that the physical goods would ship before the release date - hence the reason for delaying the physical copy of the game.  If I had known shipping wasn't going to occur until after the release date anyway, I would have changed my vote (and had the disc shipped with rest of the components). 

I have also got my confirmation email. To arrive 3-9 April. To all my Australian friends, i suspect they would all be shipped out at roughly that time.

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

It's probably tough for them to ship thousands of packages out in the exact same day. So, it might be staggered over a few-day period.

They seem to be sending emails out for when the stuff has shipped, though, on a backer-by-backer basis. So, it would be a bit moot to have a huge update saying "Your stuff should be shipping either today, or maybe a few days from now," since we already pretty much know that.

I think they're trying to give people info as soon as they have concrete info to give, and not "Should be even sooner than last time when we said 'soon'! 8D!" every hour. 8P

Anyone in Europe gotten an email?

Living in France, nothing has changed for me: shipping soon.Not even the confirmation  mail.But I will resist to the download temptation.I want my boxed version to means something! :wub:

• Like 1

Anyone in Europe gotten an email?

From France, no mail, still showing "shipping soon".

UK here, and same for me - nothing. Sent in a query to support, but again, nothing from there so far...

I purchased the Prima physical Collection's edition Guide from Amazon, and I can't find an access code for the free digital guide.   

"all physical copies of the guide will include an access code for a free digital guide"

Do we still get free access to the digital guide if we purchase the physical guide?

I ask the same question on Prima's site, and update this if I get an answer.

Thanks!