Will my pc be able to run PoE?

Only 7 weeks left for the release of PoE and i'm really excited, but i'm afraid my PC will not meet the minimum requirements.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Asus M3A78-EM 

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHZ

4,00GB DDR2 400 MHz

ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB DDR3 64-Bit 

Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue

That machine will run the game fine. Hormalakh has a worse PC than that and he can run the unoptimized backer beta better than I can lol. This game doesn't use much 3D power, so video cards don't really matter. It's all about the CPU at the moment.

We'll see how their optimization phase goes.

Edited by Sensuki

I've read a lot of posts on this topic, as well as the minimum specifications posted on the wiki. I'm optimistic I can at least run the game on the Windows desktop I bought for my kids last year. It's near the bottom of the specs, but having read this thread, I'm also hopeful I can run it on my early 2011 macbook pro, particularly given what Sensuki said about CPU being more important than graphics processing power.

The macbook only has a 2.3 GHz processor, but I've been thinking about upping the RAM to 8GB anyway, and I suppose that wouldn't hurt performance. I may end up buying it for both platforms... 

I've read a lot of posts on this topic, as well as the minimum specifications posted on the wiki. I'm optimistic I can at least run the game on the Windows desktop I bought for my kids last year. It's near the bottom of the specs, but having read this thread, I'm also hopeful I can run it on my early 2011 macbook pro, particularly given what Sensuki said about CPU being more important than graphics processing power.

The macbook only has a 2.3 GHz processor, but I've been thinking about upping the RAM to 8GB anyway, and I suppose that wouldn't hurt performance. I may end up buying it for both platforms...

You can't go wrong with adding another 4GB to that Macbook :) I have an ancient Macbook from 'late 2009' at home but with an upgraded cpu and 8gb ram it runs like new, :)

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

You can't go wrong with adding another 4GB to that Macbook :) I have an ancient Macbook from 'late 2009' at home but with an upgraded cpu and 8gb ram it runs like new, :)

You're right, if it allows me to play the game; otherwise I don't need the RAM. Other than some very simple image-editing, the most graphics-intensive application on my computer is probably BG2 EE. Speaking of which, I wonder if the ability to run that game means I can run POE?