I hate joining forums and am usually an anonymous reader, but I had to stop by and say how excited I am for this game. Baulders Gate 1 came out when I was a freshman in college and that game was like crack rock for me. I am so excited for this game. If this game ends up sucking it will be a huge let down. High High High hopes. Enjoyed Wasteland 2 but looking forward to something more in the vein of BG 1 and 2. I don't like playing pre-release games but will be getting this on day one. 

I must not be hyped, hype is the mind killer.
Hype is the little death that brings squeeing.
I will face hype.
I will permit it to wash over and through me.
And when iit has gone I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the hype has gone there will be nothing, only first impressions will remain.

• Like 21

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

giphy.gif

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but if you don't mind maybe you or anyone else on the team could answer me this question that's been haunting me:

How are things on the Eternity team in this final month? Is the crunch at 100%? People staying over the weekend? Sleeping on the ground at the office to catch a break before another 12h workday? Is there fear in the eyes of your programmers when they look at the list with bugs left to fix? What is QA doing? Complete playthroughs?

Despair and bargaining? Or camaraderie and hope as every new day makes the game a little more perfect?

• Like 1

I would hope they are cursing backers for inducing a mass outbreak of non-productivity due to carpal tunnel from signing collector edition items.

• Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I just hope a pre-download happens because I am going to be moving and where I will be staying for a little while has horrible internet so it could end up taking me a day or so just to download the game lol. So it a pre-download happens before the 20th of march I will be happy.

I would hope they are cursing backers for inducing a mass outbreak of non-productivity due to carpal tunnel from signing collector edition items.

They actually used that last $400,000 "make a better game" stretch goal money to develop robot arms into which they can load the motion-capture data from each team member's signature gesture, so that the signatures will be legit, but the signing won't take up their time.

The robot arms have been dubbed Han****, Mk I. Patent pending...

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I am really concerned of setting myself up for disappointment.

The nostalgic shimmer of BG2 is hard to beat.

For me, Septerra Core's the one to beat. Which shouldn't be too difficult, that game had issues.

Of course Baldur's Gate 2 stands out to me for being unintuitive to the point of impenetrability. I only figured out that lower armour scores are better because it wouldn't make sense for leather to offer more protection than steel. And if a spell wasn't either "this does damage" or "this heals" then I just couldn't figure out why I would even want it. Sure, I probably could figure it all out if I wanted to put in the effort, but I don't want to put in a lot of effort to just grasp the basics of a system.

For me, Septerra Core's the one to beat. Which shouldn't be too difficult, that game had issues.

Of course Baldur's Gate 2 stands out to me for being unintuitive to the point of impenetrability. I only figured out that lower armour scores are better because it wouldn't make sense for leather to offer more protection than steel. And if a spell wasn't either "this does damage" or "this heals" then I just couldn't figure out why I would even want it. Sure, I probably could figure it all out if I wanted to put in the effort, but I don't want to put in a lot of effort to just grasp the basics of a system.

By todays standard BG2 is unintuitive, sure, but back then that was just how it was. And if you just spent more than an hour with the game, and made an effort, it actually wasn't all that hard to figure out.

I'm not saying it was perfect back then, but today there is an overflow of instant gratification and simplification to the point where RPG's tend to become beige. I think some middle ground would be reasonable.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

And yet you learned English!? The king of unintuitive convoluted Latin languages? :) (assumption that located in the Netherlands means you are Dutch).

I personally suggest that it is worth the effort, also, detailed spellcasting is not the "basics of the system" but rather the complicated nightmare that adds to the wonderful plethora of tactical possibilities :D 

And yet you learned English!? The king of unintuitive convoluted Latin languages? :) (assumption that located in the Netherlands means you are Dutch).

I personally suggest that it is worth the effort, also, detailed spellcasting is not the "basics of the system" but rather the complicated nightmare that adds to the wonderful plethora of tactical possibilities :D 

I've been watching cartoons and playing videogames since I was a kid. When you're that young, learning new languages is still sort of easy. You just kind of absorb that stuff. Civilization was especially helpful in expanding my burgeoning vocabulary.

Which is why I think it's such a shame cartoons these days get dubbed over.

• Like 3

I knew about AC and THAC0 from a magazine article I had read about the first Baldur's Gate. My first IE game was Shadows of Amn though. And I also had experience with lower AC being better from a Choose your own adventure book series called Bloodsword. I like the series of books to this day and I think they were very well-written: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/BloodSword

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

And yet you learned English!? The king of unintuitive convoluted Latin languages? original.gif (assumption that located in the Netherlands means you are Dutch).

I've been watching cartoons and playing videogames since I was a kid. When you're that young, learning new languages is still sort of easy. You just kind of absorb that stuff. Civilization was especially helpful in expanding my burgeoning vocabulary.

Which is why I think it's such a shame cartoons these days get dubbed over.

I attribute my English to Beneath a Steel Sky and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

t50aJUd.jpg

I am sooo excited to, Obsidian and Cd Project Red are my fav devs and for them each to be putting out a new game in the coming months, has me very excited!

So close now I can taste it! :bow: