The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, Black Geyser looks interesting! It's still time to pledge on their backer portal apparently so i'll take a deeper look, thanks for the link.

Speaking of indie isometric RPGs (but not really the same style), if anyone's interested there's a KS going on for the sequel of Winter Voices (it's a psychological RPG). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/claralehenaff/child-of-the-pyre

I'm in the dev team though, not sure if I'm allowed to link it here? Couldn't find anything about it, but I must admit that I didn't read all 17 pages of this topic. :D

• Like 2

Weather conditions still so far away, what a shame. With modding support and some other tweaks, one might as well be able to recreate a new Jagged Alliance game. That would be cool.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Weather conditions still so far away, what a shame. With modding support and some other tweaks, one might as well be able to recreate a new Jagged Alliance game. That would be cool.

Despite not hitting the goal, they will be including modding support anyway.

edit: also looks like they have pushed back release to january next year

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 3 months later...

I had no idea that Patreon did fundraisers...

A nice looking rpg I must say

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to send it to you but your mailbox is full

Haha, most of those are actually back-and-forths with members of the mod team. I've been a very naughty boy.

Turns out I did receive the beta key. Thanks anyway man, I appreciate it!

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 9 months later...

Just launched yesterday:

Toby's Island- the second Kickstarter for the "Creature Collecting, Farming Sim, Town Restoration RPG".  I backed the original KS. Game has been delayed but the developer has made much progress and is planning on putting it in Steam Early Access next month.  Might be of interest to Stardew Valley fans who wish it had turn-based combat.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister.  A CRPG using (D&D) 5e ruleset (OGL) and turn-based tactical combat. They have a playable demo you can DL off their steam page. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Demo is short and rough but extremely promising. I will be keeping an eye on this.

I agree. I decided to back towards a digital copy. 

I saw the developers said they will try to update the demo in the next week or two with bug fixes and basic improvements. I know they want to improve the camera, which has been frequently criticized. 

Edited by daveyd
  • Like 1

Backed Solasta and Toby's Island but still on the fence for Homeworks 3 since they want 50 bucks at the lowest tier and I was just going to give it to my brother. 

I'm quite fond of him but 50 dollars is 50 dollars.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Solasta is tempting.  Very Tempting.  However, do I really want to pledge for a game I won't have time to play?  Last time I prepurchased a game for a friend, it was Tyranny.  Like SS, I laid down fifty bucks for a buddy and he played something like 15 minutes and never played it again.  Very gracious about it, but he just didn't get into it.  Frankly, I bought it for myself also, and I never got much past the tutorial.  I think I could get into it.  It was just a bad time to start it.  Still... 5th edition DnD ruleset?  Turn-based?  Sooooo tempting.

The woodwork beckons.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boundbyblades/bound-by-blades-a-monster-hunting-action-rpg

Bound by Blades with Kickstarter demo

edited:

good and bad points for playing the demo:

dreamy artstyle

crafting and fishing (not just boring fish)

second boss is peculiar (not unique, but he jumped because you don't see that trick very often)

combo attacks are in the demo

demo is smooth and combat feels smooth (kb+m)

yes, mouse and keyboard support

text is easy skippable by going fast forward

the bad

automatic interactions with NPC (but may improve)

light! on story

not feeling player agency, but that may be just me playing few minutes

easy game (but if you like it, then it's a plus?)

Edited by Melusina

Hi ShadySands,

We're excited to launch our next Kickstarter: Summer Daze at Hero-U.

We're doing some exciting new things with this game to make it fun and accessible both for committed adventure gamers and for casual audiences. Summer Daze at Hero-U focuses on the core elements of characters, story, and player choices. It's of course set at Hero-U (as a prequel to Rogue to Redemption), and will be playable on iOS and Android as well as Windows, Mac, and Linux.

As a past supporter and fan of our games, we want to ask you to consider pledging on day ONE so that we can have the strongest launch possible. The campaign will launch at noon PDT on Tuesday, Oct. 2, and run for 35 days so that we can celebrate Halloween with you during the campaign.

We have some special early-bird tiers for the first backers. In particular, our Beach Blanket Beta tier, normally $100, will cost just $90 for the first 100 backers. We also have a special catch-up tier for players who don't have a Hero-U or Quest for Glory game key, or want to get extra keys to give to friends. The "Summer (and Winter) Games" tier is also limited to the first 100 backers.

We're seeking $100,000, enough to finish and polish Summer Daze. We're hoping to raise an additional $50,000 to fund foreign language translations and English-language voice acting. Major success in the campaign will allow us to add even more cool stretch goals and add-on items. Extra funds could even allow us to start preproduction work on Hero-U 2: Wizards Way.

You can help us reach these goals by supporting the campaign early and sharing it with your friends, social media, and favorite media outlets.

Can we count on your pledge?

Click here to count yourself in!

Thanks!

Lori and Corey Cole

Transolar Games, Inc.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-11-harry-potter-accidentally-helps-kickstarter-game-become-huge-success

He may got money, but I bet he's not aware people aren't that interested in his game and based on his story, that may be sad...