The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

Francis Ford Coppella/American Zoetrope is working with others to bring APOCALYPSE NOW to video games, allowing the player to make choices independent of the movie in RPG style with an emphasis more like survival horror than action-shooter.  They've taken to Kickstarter for funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fringerider/apocalypse-now-the-game?ref=nav_search

Team includes

• Francis Ford Coppola (dir Apocalypse Now)
  • Rob Auten (lead writer Gears of War)
  • Lawrence Liberty (executive producer, Fallout: New Vegas)
  • Montgomery Markland (producer, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, designer/producer Aliens: Crucible)

with Josh Sawyer as special advisor.

No clue if it'll be good, but it certainly seems to have ambition, at least.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Looks like they've posted some WIP footage - maybe that'll help advertise it?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The only money I'm giving out to is Beautiful Desolation. The more I read about it, the more I want to play this.

I also saw this from the Codex from Christopher Bischoff

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/beautiful-desolation-from-the-makers-of-stasis-kickstarter-now-live.110743/page-7#post-4936716.

Games are always in a constant design flux - but I can tell you the direction that we are moving in.

The biggest difference between this and our previous games is that the game itself will be much less linear. You can explore the wasteland in any order and any direction you want to. You will discover secrets and towns and quests in different orders depending on your play through.

Our map size is currently 50 x 50 (although that may change to larger) - which gives you 2500 possibilities of places to explore. Some will be randomly generated - others will be specifically designed 'special tiles' that have optional mini quests - and of course some will have huge main towns with a further branch of main quest lines coming off of it.

So its still an adventure game - but its more a game made out of lots of smaller quests, which, depending on the order you complete them, impacts the denizens of the game world - and even impacts some other quest lines.

Everything still selves the main game storyline, which is honestly one of the coolest stories I think I've ever heard (granted...I'm biased...) icon_biggrin.gif

Backing MLF Mutant League Football.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mendheim/mutant-football-league-mfl/

I backed at the beta level and was surprised to immediately get a message with a Steam sneak peak key.

OMG, take my money!

They've already got some pretty good work done on it, based on the gifs.

I backed at the beta level and was surprised to immediately get a message with a Steam sneak peak key.

OMG, take my money!

They've already got some pretty good work done on it, based on the gifs.

I'll upload screenshots later when I get some time to play it. Just got back in, so only installed it and checked that it is working.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Cool, they sent me the demo code as well.

Yeah, they seem to be sending them manually. Mine came really quick as the dev was on the page when I was backing.

I have no clue about American Football and proper plays, so I am doing badly at the game, but I'll figure it out once I actually remember what does what and what type of player is what.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've only seen the Nuked London Hatriots and the Deadlanta Vultures. Apparently there is also the Tokyo Terminators among others.

Also, Hurly, it seems there will be a sneak peak highscore contest for superbowl sunday :)

• Like 1

I hope they have some good strategy elements under the gameplay. Like managing injured players and replacing those who get killed over the course of the season. Not quite on the Blood Bowl level, that game overwhelms me a bit, but at least something similar with the GM options in Madden.

And of course I'm hoping they make a hockey version next.

Edited by Hurlshot

This isn't the first time MFL has been on Kickstarter, but this seems more obtainable.

There are too many crowdfunding campaigns going on right now. Beautiful Desolation, Deadfire, Banner Saga 3, MFL and I'm probably forgetting something. Ugh... wallet drained.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 2

Looked interesting, even though I never understood the rules of American Football (or why it's even called football, but meh), then I noticed a controller is required. So much for that :(

Looked interesting, even though I never understood the rules of American Football (or why it's even called football, but meh), then I noticed a controller is required. So much for that :(

This particular genre let's you brake all the rules, so someone who doesn't know them might be pretty good at it, while football fanatics like me who try to play using existing rules as I know them, usually get their @$$es handed to them. I'm a hardened Madden player (not so much in the last decade) and I don't think I've ever won a game of Blitz.

I'm surpised nobody posted the Sunless Skies Kickstarter yet. Sunless Sea used to be quite the rage here. Sort of.

Well I'm interested, but (a) still haven't played the original and (b) being bombarded with kickstarters.

Project Creator comment on that in the comment section was:

"Guys, you can play Sneak Peek Preview with gamepads only. Keyboard is not supported right now (but will be in nearest future)"