The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

Here are the links for Greenlight and Kickstarter, if anyone has any questions, more than happy to answer!

Greenlight: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=746883233

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstar...ed-tactical-rpg

Will there be various ending states or slides, like in Fallout, or is this a do or die affair? What assets will be available to gather intelligence on your foe? Snitches, beggars, upstanding citizens doing their civic duty, that one honest bobby etc. I have to admit that I do like the inclusion of scouting out the opposition, makes imminent sense, and is rarely utilised in games.

Hey, sorry for the slow response, Nonek. In terms of ending, it's likely that there will be 2 endings, depending on how much mayhem you cause - there's a choice between using lethal force for extra damage, or non lethal force, and allowing the police to take it from there. Surveillance is abstracted a little - you pick a city tile, and either go yourself, or send an ally to see what they can find. First you have to figure out if there's criminal activity in the tile, and if so, which gang is responsible. After that you can launch a mission against that tile. Higher levels of surveillance are required for finding allies, gang leaders, and enemy facilities.

• Like 1

i see no one mentioning Wasteland 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm backing this:

Goblins of Elderstone - The Goblin Tribe Simulator

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774042010

You know you want to back this project too.

It is the goblin thing to do.

wlWUyGu.gif

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I thought it was cool of them to mention Vigilantes. Looks like you've hit your goal now too

I agree, ShadySands, it was incredibly kind of them to help out the little guy. It made an incredible difference to the campaign - all the uncertainty of whether of not the campaign would make it gone in a few hours.

• Like 1

Yeah. I'm sure there are reasons for it storywise and obviously too late to change it but I just prefer my RPGs  to let you make your character as you see fit. That said, preset characters won't stop me from playing so if that is my biggest 'complaint' (not even a complaint just a preference) that means the game is good shape. I also think I am inclined tolike a game with guns b/c I'm on a big FO/WL/SRUR kick. ie. All the rpgs where guns are a big part of the combat and all are also turned based.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The initial reason for naming the protagonist was for voice clips from allies, which reference the character's name. Not sure if this will go ahead, now. Depending on time constraints, and given that nothing major stands in the way, I may add the option to name the protagonist. From a backstory standpoint, the current plan is to make a few fairly ambiguous references to Sam's past, that will provide some clues as to my take on a background and set of life events which could lead to someone turning toward vigilantism. The intention is that these clues won't prevent players from deciding who their version of Sam is.

Glad the rest of the game is to your liking - it's taken an incredible amount of work to get it this far, and it's nice to know it's being enjoyed!

Know what you mean - turn based RPGs are my favourite genre. It's largely because of games like Fallout and X-Com that Vigilantes exists - the impression they made is still strong twenty years later!

• Like 2

Yeah, we've crossed the line on the Kickstarter - it was a big relief. If there's a reward you are interested in, feel free to send me a pm and we can organise that. Otherwise, please do, and thanks for your interest!

Edited by Timeslip
  • Like 1

I noticed on Steam that you'd also been greenlit a while ago, congratulations.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• 2 months later...