The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

MCA being involved in this actually makes the 1.4 million stretch goal look good.

MCA didn't work on the original, so eh... The faithful recreation would go out of the window right at "Brand new RPG mechanics!" bit

• Like 1

I'm a little torn. The demo feels really good, but on the other hand 30$ is a bunch for a remake of a game I already have in duplicate. I'll just sit back and wait if they come up with addons. I'd like to have that Citadel Station resin cast but sure as hell not for the tier price it is attached to. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hoping that Stygian gets the 9k it needs to reach the Dreamland stretch goal before the campaign ends in 30 hours.

I just backed it with 25€, thanks to you.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hoping that Stygian gets the 9k it needs to reach the Dreamland stretch goal before the campaign ends in 30 hours.

I just backed it with 25€, thanks to you.

Tossed them 15euros as well just now :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)

Dreamlands is the stretch goal I voted for, so very excited to see it reached. Just under 5k to go with 15 hours in the campaign. I think they can make it.

Did you read the mental conditions in combat update? I thought that looks simple but neat. I really like how Obsession will work.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Interview with NightDive founder Stephen Kick about the SS remake.

When pressed for more specifics, Kick explains that most of the new system added will be cribbed from the game's bigger, better and more badass sequel, System Shock 2. "A more robust RPG levelling system is something we'd like to do - and what was successfully done in System Shock 2. I guess you could say that we're going to keep the narrative and level design pretty much one to one," he says. "We'll have some freedoms involved, but the overall game is going to play more like a hybrid between System Shock 1 and System Shock 2."

Why!? I suffered trough the terrible RPG-like progression in SS2, why would I have to suffer trough it in the remake of the original as well? ... Oh right, I don't. I can just play the original and not drop any money on this. Oh well, at least I'm not excited anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone played Legends of Eisenwald?

I'm backing Eisenwald: Blood of November  which is going to be made in an improved version of LoE engine.  It's a sand-box style Turn-based strategy / RPG.  

I backed them too! I prefer story driven games but I had so much fun playing Legends of Eisenwald I think this is going to be interesting too. Their DLC Road to Iron Forest was pretty cool despite a small map and a linear story. Good I didn't buy season pass, now can spend few bucks on Kickstarter :)

Hmm, almost 40% and two weeks to go, I hope they will make it. 

I own it but never got around to playing it.  Story of my life.

I replayed it way too many times already and when I got over initial excitement, I saw a few flaws in their narrative. I think beginning is a bit too slow. I don't mind it personally but I think games should grab you from the very start. This one doesn't do it unfortunately. But at the same time I have no clue how to make a damn tutorial interesting and exciting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vigilantes from Timeslip Software, interesting looking combination of Fallout and Jagged Alliance, set in a Noirish (possibly Streets of Rage-ish?) setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgc486sqMHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vunEy0xeS1w

Demo available apparently and it's also on that Steam Greenlight thing, bit slipshod (Alpha-ish) at the moment but I can see the promise and like the premise.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The voice actor for the protagonist and the gumshoe is rather talented, recently played a young Harrison Ford in the film Age of Adeline apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvgE-SmQuw

Edit: His John Malkovich is uncannily accurate.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Hi all. I'm the developer of Vigilantes. Thanks for the mention. It's currently an alpha but I hope it will give you a good indication of the direction the game is headed in. Anthony is indeed the voice of Ray Case and the main character Sam Contino, and he is indeed very talented! In case anyone would like to give the demo a try, you can download it here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/vigilantes/downloads

Also, if you have any questions about Vigilantes, more than happy to answer, though my posts need to be approved and are limited to 5 a day right now.

• Like 1

Youre not limited to 5 posts per day, you just need to have the first 5 approved by a mod and then you have free reign. Its an anti-bot measure. :thumbsup:

Ah, thank you for the clarification! Would it be okay if I posted the links to the Greenlight and Kickstarter campaigns?

Here are the links for Greenlight and Kickstarter, if anyone has any questions, more than happy to answer!

Greenlight: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=746883233

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstar...ed-tactical-rpg

Will there be various ending states or slides, like in Fallout, or is this a do or die affair? What assets will be available to gather intelligence on your foe? Snitches, beggars, upstanding citizens doing their civic duty, that one honest bobby etc. I have to admit that I do like the inclusion of scouting out the opposition, makes imminent sense, and is rarely utilised in games.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Tea for the teapot!