The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

Nice Copper Dreams update including Stealth Systems detail and Experience system detail: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/1591538

Also a cool updated character art gif

snip

I hate that feminist and SJW have made me think that any exposure to black and female characters is far leftist propaganda. Even should it be a heartfelt and honest action....that said she is both female and black and later we will probably learn that she's also disable or some such. Someone should really come up with a SJW checklist for character traits.

I am sorry that you are so impressionable.  You could just play games for fun and not worry about SJW or anti-SJW BS.

• Like 2

Nice Copper Dreams update including Stealth Systems detail and Experience system detail: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/1591538

snip

I hate that feminist and SJW have made me think that any exposure to black and female characters is far leftist propaganda. Even should it be a heartfelt and honest action....that said she is both female and black and later we will probably learn that she's also disable or some such. Someone should really come up with a SJW checklist for character traits.

I am sorry that you are so impressionable.  You could just play games for fun and not worry about SJW or anti-SJW BS.

I could but every once in a while it would hit me that there are bits of propaganda thrown in there. There is a clear difference between a game made by people who hold certain beliefs and propaganda. Or when the blinds spots we all have in our beliefs are shown in their work.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think that's just a sample model for the PC (who you can customize). My first thought was 80's.

I don't mind it either way; if they were just paying lip service (it should now be called lib service) and the game stands on its own without pushing any agenda, that would be ideal. If I feel that they laying it on to thickly I probably will give it a pass.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I think that's just a sample model for the PC (who you can customize). My first thought was 80's.

I don't mind it either way; if they were just paying lip service (it should now be called lib service) and the game stands on its own without pushing any agenda, that would be ideal. If I feel that they laying it on to thickly I probably will give it a pass.

For what it's worth to you, in the interview on "Matt Chat", Hannah and Joe of Whalenought said they deliberately tried to steer away from making any kind of explicit political statements in Copper Dreams.  Inevitably the game shows some of the negative aspects of living in a surveillance state, but beyond that they don't appear to be advancing any sort of "agenda". 

Edited by daveyd
  • Like 2

Is anyone else backing this Lovecraftian rpg?

Stygian

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698219403/stygian-a-lovecraftian-computer-rpg

"Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones" is a Lovecraftian computer roleplaying game of horror, loss and madness.

13116413_1718510541761712_89309940437777

12496144_1701249950154438_55309738601458

13131648_1721129918166441_32351134903609

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Part 1:

Intro

Kickstarter Progress

Physical Rewards

Game Concept

Serpent in the Staglands Expansion

Unique Turn-based system

Part 2:

Z-axis gameplay

Level Design

From RTwP to Turn-Based

Dice

Serpent in the Staglands and Usability

Keyword Dialogue / Writing

Character Design

Coffee

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

Stygian - A Lovecraftian Computer RPG
has a stretch goal poll:

1. The Town of Dunwich (Expansion Area)

2. Dreamlands (New Game Systems and Narrative Content)

3. Spell-crafting (New Game Systems)

They all sound great. Though Dreamlands also runs the danger of turning into an annoyance if done wrong.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

snip

I feel the same. There was a Scotiabank commercial I saw the other day where an interracial couple was seeing their minority banker to see if they had enough money for the man to stay at home with the kid while the woman worked and all I could think of was "LEFTIST UTOPIA PROPAGANDA!" 2 years ago I wouldn't have batted an eye at it, but now all I see is pandering.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Stygian - A Lovecraftian Computer RPG

has a stretch goal poll:

1. The Town of Dunwich (Expansion Area)

2. Dreamlands (New Game Systems and Narrative Content)

3. Spell-crafting (New Game Systems)

They all sound great. Though Dreamlands also runs the danger of turning into an annoyance if done wrong.

I like the concept and some of the ideas but that art style just bugs me. It is a very weird color palette and not what I would like in a LoveCraft game, points to them for being different but in this case it doesn't work for me.

village_idiot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

Heh, that video is quite well done, imo.

Can... can they do that? Isn't the IP owned by someone?

$30 is a bit steep for a KS, but what the hell.

edit: cool, MCA is involved, doing somethingorother... <3

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yep, they bought the IP off of LGS's insurers. Only real criticism I have of their pitch is the base price, it should probably be $20 for early bird and $25 for the base game. $30 for a unity remake of a 1994 game is pretty steep unless you're a fan; that's the sort of price point you should have for a full SS3 on KS. Having said that, I'm pretty unreservedly a fan, so I guess they'll get their extra money and I'll skip my almond milk organic chai latte for a day.

edit: cool, MCA is involved, doing somethingorother... <3

Isn't he in like every kickstarter? By now his correct job description probably is "kickstarter stretch goal". Heh, I'm not even sure if he is really doing anything. Maybe he just get's paid for his name to come up. :>

PS: They already have a demo up. I've downed it right now, will check it out later.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

All right, the demo was cool, I'll seriously ponder backing it. I'm not too keen about "Updates to the core design" stretch goal tho, at the time, elites of the industry were working together to get the incredible game of System Shock and I can't see how SS2 mechanics thrown haphazardly into SS1 would really help anything.

And yes, MCA should add "Professional KS stretch goal" to his resume.

Edit: Nah, for as long as the 1.4 million stretch goal exists, I'm not backing this.

Edited by Fenixp

Required specs for the demo are pretty lol, only 13,000 times more RAM required than the original game, and that's not counting the RAM on the videocard.

I suspect the core design will be updated whether they reach 1.4 million or not given that it's for xbone so has to be standard controller friendly. There's a massive amount of menus and options in SS1 so something has to give- Bioshock is far more simple and it had to cut lean when they simply ran out of buttons.