The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

Allison Road - The game that aims to fill the Silent Hills (R.I.P.) shaped hole in people's hearts.

I was just looking at that...not 100% sure but it made me pay attention at least.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

First Wonder, by Rogue Rocket Games. A spiritual successor to Giants: Citizen Kabuto

76856c48ca6d270432ea248ff298652e_origina

Soar across the skies as the Cargonauts and storm across the islands as the giant, Monstro in this sci-fi 3rd person action-adventure!

I loved Giants: Citizen Kabuto, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

• Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roguerocket/first-wonder

Spiritual Successor to Giants Citizen Kabuto.

I would say ninja'd except it was 2 days ago it was posted.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You must check out this amazing kickstarter. The level of depth of design and gameplay looks amazing for a relatively small project. Also, hoards of enemies; awesome! Give them your support if you love any of these: good story, layered design, interesting rpg progression and combat, DWARVES!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ves-a-new-storydriven-fantasy-rpg/description

P.S: I know this is not directly game related, but hopefully no one will frown on supporting other game companies making great games about Dwarves (Pillars of Eternity has Dwarves)!

It's in its final hours. Just 12 hours to go.

I backed via their website.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Allison Road - The game that aims to fill the Silent Hills (R.I.P.) shaped hole in people's hearts.

I was just looking at that...not 100% sure but it made me pay attention at least.

The Allison Road Kickstarter just kicked the bucket. Eh...

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Sounds like they got a traditional development deal and decided they didn't need the kickstarter, if I'm reading it right.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Allison Road Kickstarter just kicked the bucket. Eh...

They got picked up by a publisher, Team17, hence why they cancelled the Kickstarter.  That, and it was pretty clear they weren't going to make their goal.

Edit: Ninja'd  :ninja:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Indivisible - A Metroidvania/RPG from the makers of Skullgirls.  There is a playable demo of the prototype you can try for free.  The combat is like a bit of a marriage of jRPG attack meter style combat with fighting game combat.  As for the RPG part of it, I didn't see anything resembling that in the demo, but that's what they're calling it.  I guess your character will level up and stuff.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Indivisible - A Metroidvania/RPG from the makers of Skullgirls.  There is a playable demo of the prototype you can try for free.  The combat is like a bit of a marriage of jRPG attack meter style combat with fighting game combat.  As for the RPG part of it, I didn't see anything resembling that in the demo, but that's what they're calling it.  I guess your character will level up and stuff.

It looks a lot like VALKYRIE PROFILE to me, both in having to traverse maps and the TALES-ish combat.

I liked Skullgirls a lot, so this interests me as I thought the first VP game was one of the better games to come out at that time (the sequels I played were, IMO, rubbish).

It looks a lot like VALKYRIE PROFILE to me, both in having to traverse maps and the TALES-ish combat.

I liked Skullgirls a lot, so this interests me as I thought the first VP game was one of the better games to come out at that time (the sequels I played were, IMO, rubbish).

I haven't played any VP games, so no comment on the comparison, but they do list it as one of their inspirations.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah I saw they listed VP as an inspiration after I read further.  Might be enough to convince me to pledge to an indiegogo campaign.

Sounds like they got a traditional development deal and decided they didn't need the kickstarter, if I'm reading it right.

Yeah, I kind of got that from the mail they sent out, but where's mah backer tier bonus and feelgood-support now? ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Friday the 13th: The Game

photo-original.png?v=1444626618&w=1024&h

For the first time since 1989, you have the opportunity to help bring a Friday the 13th video game to life! Stalk camp counselors across Crystal Lake as Jason Voorhees, or assume the role of a helpless camper and attempt to survive the night. Come be a part of this incredible moment in video game and horror history! We definitely can't do it without you.

I hope there's a dedicated button for the ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah sound.

• Like 1

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

It seems interesting, yeah, but multiplayer not for me.  Maybe if they have single player as a stretch goal.

I can't help but worrying as well - even if I was wanting to play multiplayer - that you'd only ever find MPers who wanted to play Jason, and rarely any who'd want to play the victims camp councilors.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I can't help but worrying as well - even if I was wanting to play multiplayer - that you'd only ever find MPers who wanted to play Jason, and rarely any who'd want to play the victims camp councilors.

Yeah, I wonder how they're going to handle that. Seems to me that no one would play the horny teenagers unless they added eroge content, because everyone already knows that they're going to die.

I have a feeling that single-player will be a stretch-goal.
Probably not the first one. Likely one that's in the 1.5-2 mil range.

I think a great way for SP to be done would be with procedurally generated maps and councilors to kill.
Each individual game would be short, but you could play a new one any time you wanted to.

If they wanted to make a campaign with a story the best way to do it would be to put the player in the shoes of one of the teens trying to survive being killed by Jason.

Looking at the blurry image, I'm pretty sure $3,500 says "Single Player Challenge Survival Mode".

Hard to tell on the earlier ones (they seem more blurred, and I think some have clever names rather than saying exactly what they are).

• Like 1

I wonder if the other seven player toons will constantly fall down while running.

And will Jason always be about 12 feet behind them no matter how fast they're running once they do fall down?

I can see the Jason HUD now, a pop-up that says "Player 5 has fallen down and twisted their ankle - teleport to 12 feet behind them: Y/N"

• Like 1

• 3 months later...