The Kickstarter Thread

CoM_Solaufein

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a Win/Mac/Linux adventure role-playing game by Lori and Corey Cole, Quest for Glory series creators. So if your an old/new fan of theirs they could use your support.

From the kickstarter page

"In the spirit of our acclaimed Quest for Glory series, Hero-U is an adventure game and an RPG that combines role-playing, exploration, turn-based combat, an immersive story, and rich character interactions to create a unique and fun game experience."

So if your curious to check it out

https://www.kickstar...le-playing-game

"For the Love of Spock" - A Documentary Film

This is one of the projects I'm backing right now. It's an effort to create a documentary about Mr. Spock by the late Leonard Nimoy's son, Adam.

From the Kickstarter page:

How It Started
Last year, just before Thanksgiving, I approached my dad, Leonard Nimoy, about the possibility of working together on a film about Mr. Spock. I had skimmed through some of the books on the making of Star Trek and felt there was so much more to explore about the birth and evolution of Spock. And the timing seemed right, as the 50th anniversary of Star Trek: The Original Series was not that far away. Dad agreed that now was the right time, and that he was 100% committed to collaborating with me on this project. He also reminded me that we were (then) just days away from the 50th anniversary of the start of production on “The Cage,” the original pilot for Star Trek in which Dad first appeared as Mr. Spock.

Please participate in my Kickstarter campaign and help me complete a project that was important to my dad and has become extremely important to me.

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

LLAP,
33a1de5ca358e1f25b3f2f9c8705542f_origina

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Spiritual successor (no shortage of those...) to Railroad Tycoon

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/combinegames/rails-and-riches

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The first video of Iga's Bloodstained in action.  It's a super duper early prototype/proof of concept type deal, so, obviously, everything is very much subject to change.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bloodstained set a new Kickstarter record for a video game project with a staggering $5,545,991 (plus however much from PayPal), that's more than 11 times their original funding goal.  I guess a lot of people want a new Castlevania game from Iga?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

We Happy Few is already funded and in the last day and a half of its campaign.  It's sort of a stealth/survival game, but a very different type of stealth/survival game.  The game takes place in a dystopian alternate reality 1964 England where all the citizens of the city are living in a drug-induced delusional world and you must escape before society completely collapses.  The idea is to hide in plain sight as you hunt for food and formulate an escape plan.  You need to figure out how to conform so that the other citizens don't catch on to you not being on the drug.  The city is procedurally generated and different every time.  The game is being made by Compulsion Games who made the game Contrast and coming out for PC (Windows/Mac/Linux),  They are looking to do console versions later, but that's not part of the rewards here.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 1 month later...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/169002413/grip-an-intense-futuristic-combat-racer

I rather enjoyed Rollcage, so might waste some money on this.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/169002413/grip-an-intense-futuristic-combat-racer

I rather enjoyed Rollcage, so might waste some money on this.

If you like games like Twisted Metal or Rollcage check out Grip. If your a racing fan get the word out! These guys are professional and deserve more publicity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRWKoWSZAg

Edited by Tuckey

Fig CEO Justin Bailey, who was the COO at Double Fine... -snip-

Yikes, considering how well run Double Fine was, that's not exactly reassuring.  :wacko:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Fig CEO Justin Bailey, who was the COO at Double Fine... -snip-

Yikes, considering how well run Double Fine was, that's not exactly reassuring.  :wacko:

But Brian Fargo and Feargod Orcheart are on board.

Yeah, sorry, but Fargo and Feargus are not enough to offset the Double Fine stench for me.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As their role in Fig is to oversee the company, and if at all anything beyond that, then at most being involved in the kickstarting process itself rather than development, I don't see Double Fine's invovlment as a liabilty at all. After all, their Broken Age kickstarter and the documentation of whole process were remarkably well done.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

As their role in Fig is to oversee the company, and if at all anything beyond that, then at most being involved in the kickstarting process itself rather than development, I don't see Double Fine's invovlment as a liabilty at all. After all, their Broken Age kickstarter and the documentation of whole process were remarkably well done.

Yeah, I get they're just running the platform, but that's enough to keep me away.  I will never again give my money in advance to anything that has anything to do with the folks that run Double Fine, regardless of their role in it.  Also, I'm glad you used the word "liability", because Fig seems like a ticking legal timebomb just waiting to go off.  I want nothing to do with it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I get they're just running the platform, but that's enough to keep me away. I will never again give my money in advance to anything that has anything to do with the folks that run Double Fine, regardless of their role in it. Also, I'm glad you used the word "liability", because Fig seems like a ticking legal timebomb just waiting to go off. I want nothing to do with it.
We all might have something to do with it when Obsidian and inXile fund their next games through it, like they said they're planning to. Then again, if we don't participate as investors, it'll work pretty much the same as on Kickstarter. Edited by Rosveen

We all might have something to do with it when Obsidian and inXile fund their next games through it, like they said they're planning to. Then again, if we don't participate as investors, it'll work pretty much the same as on Kickstarter.

I figured that might be the case.  I suppose if and when that happens I'll personally pretend there is no crowdfunding campaign and go back to the old skool way of buying a game when, and only when, it is physically available.  In all honesty, I'd probably be best served to do that with all crowdfunding, not just Fig.  I've kind of started growing disenchanted with crowdfunding in general.  For me, the honeymoon is over, I guess.  :unsure:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

In theory, a curated video game creation site, like Valve's Concept section for Greenlight, sounds fine. Feargus and Fargo? Excellent.

But then you get to the part where it is crowdfunded. Don't get me wrong, that's great. But the beauty of an open platform like Kickstarter, etc. is that you are encouraged to spend money via looking at how many other legit projects are going on. 

I think having two of the biggest kickstarter successes plus the double fine guys who are regarded as a success is enough to bring people on board. Harebrained Scjemes would have been better to bring on IMO

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not too many people here play Combat Mission, but if you do you might know it badly needs an operational layer in addition to the tactical layer which it already has (which is excellent btw). Well, here's a small Kickstarter for an operational level game which might link to Combat Mission in the future if all goes well : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/490387448/combat-operations

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Probably not too many people here play Combat Mission, but if you do you might know it badly needs an operational layer in addition to the tactical layer which it already has (which is excellent btw). Well, here's a small Kickstarter for an operational level game which might link to Combat Mission in the future if all goes well : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/490387448/combat-operations

Backed

Free games updated 3/4/21