[435] Lighting, Post-Processing and Shader issues in the 3D Model Viewers [CC, inventory etc]

Sensuki

Question

I have some issues to report in the character creation, level up, adventurer and inventory (3d model viewer) screens with lighting and post-processing, and also possibly some texture shader issues too.

There are some very bad looking results produced in these viewers by a directional light from the top left shining down on the character. The post-processing bloom effect is also too strong IMO and should either be toned down or completely removed. 

First video is below, but because of the per-post video limit I will post the inventory and level up screen vids in the below post

I PM'd Roby Atadero a few days ago with my findings and he suggested I submit a bug report about it, and also suggested that texture shaders could be contributing to the problem.

Part of it is probably the location of the paper doll lights, the other part might be texture shaders. You're probably better off just writing this up so QA funnels this over into the art bug list.

l9NwWzO.png

SIUuxAy.png

Lights and post-processing effects were added into these screens after the initial BB release, they were not present in the first version. They do help to make the character look a little bit better, but I think they need to be tweaked to produce the best results.

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

I have some issues to report in the character creation, level up, adventurer and inventory (3d model viewer) screens with lighting and post-processing, and also possibly some texture shader issues too.

There are some very bad looking results produced in these viewers by a directional light from the top left shining down on the character. The post-processing bloom effect is also too strong IMO and should either be toned down or completely removed. 

First video is below, but because of the per-post video limit I will post the inventory and level up screen vids in the below post

I PM'd Roby Atadero a few days ago with my findings and he suggested I submit a bug report about it, and also suggested that texture shaders could be contributing to the problem.

Part of it is probably the location of the paper doll lights, the other part might be texture shaders. You're probably better off just writing this up so QA funnels this over into the art bug list.

l9NwWzO.png

SIUuxAy.png

Lights and post-processing effects were added into these screens after the initial BB release, they were not present in the first version. They do help to make the character look a little bit better, but I think they need to be tweaked to produce the best results.

In some places, we are almost talking TES IV level of bloom.