WTB More Developer Leads Videos

I enjoyed the leads video too :)

And apparently not. There's a good article on that here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/chris-avellone-tells-the-codex-about-his-current-work-on-pillars-of-eternity.96561/

"(as opposed to an Arcanum LP, which would not improve Eternity’s quality), it’s worthwhile, and it’s rare that we have an opportunity like this."

Bull. An Arcanum LP would definitely improve PoE:s quality, simply by tutoring the developers in what quality is and should be.

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

Arcanum is one of my favorite games but there isn't much that PoE would stand to learn from it in my opinion unless you were to completely redesign the game into something more similar.

Anyways, would certainly like to see more of the meeting videos. I also found it interesting.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It would be cool to see another development meeting either before the next patch, just to get an idea of some of the stuff being worked on OR after the next patch - to see the aftermath of the first wave of feedback/bug reports.

I understood everything (but then again I know more than I'm supposed to - I know what "The Heralds" are, and recognized all the area names, etc ;)).

Edited by Sensuki

I would love to see a video (maybe a series?) following a member of the PoE Team during one day - but I understand that would take a lot of time. 

I'm trying to get a go-pro helmet cam set up before the end of the project. I think it would be fun to show what I see on a regular day. 

• Like 22

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

I would love to see a video (maybe a series?) following a member of the PoE Team during one day - but I understand that would take a lot of time. 

I'm trying to get a go-pro helmet cam set up before the end of the project. I think it would be fun to show what I see on a regular day. 

I foresee a clip-show of "Goddammit." ... "Goddammit!" ... "God. Damn. It." ... "Sigh. Dammit." ... condensed into a 20-sec clip, mostly as you look at the monitor, forum on-screen, with your face buried in your palms.

No but seriously though, that sounds awesome.

livin' the dream

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

What else would you like to see? What did you like? What didn't you understand? I can make more of these, but they do take me down for a few hours to edit them.

The documentary should have plenty of discussions like this. :)

I liked the whole thing in general. I had it in the background while browsing and it was just interesting to hear how the process is when you guys work.

I foresee a clip-show of "Goddammit." ... "Goddammit!" ... "God. Damn. It." ... "Sigh. Dammit." ... condensed into a 20-sec clip, mostly as you look at the monitor, forum on-screen, with your face buried in your palms.

Hahaha!

You could always do an Office Space-esque spoof of everyone trying to get their stuff done, and people walking around bugging people about putting the new cover sheets on their bug reports. Maybe someone engineers a virus to take all the rounded fractions of a percent of damage from the game and store them up on a flash drive to become over-powered.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

If you do this, make sure to let me know so I can be sick that day.

• Like 12

So Adam can bring you the helmet at home and we get to see what your house is like, right?

• Like 2

"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

ALDNOAH ZERO

Watched that for the first time. Super-interesting is right. I'm guessing hand-sanitizer from Target center-table. 

The engaging part was the sociology ... how a room-full of people with a common goal act and react to one another ... looking down, looking up, doodling quietly, quelling questions, calming qualms, assuaging fears, clicking pens. Fascinating. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Oh, come now... don't ruin his cam-do attitude. 6_u

Really, though, I suspect that, right now, a helmet-cam of the office would just look like Starship Troopers. Just a small team of people blasting away at bugs before time runs out. :)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

What else would you like to see? What did you like? What didn't you understand? I can make more of these, but they do take me down for a few hours to edit them.

The documentary should have plenty of discussions like this. :)

Don't know if the "What didn't you understand?" was a reaction to me saying i didn't understand a bit of what was said in this video, but i feel it's no harm to explain briefly why i said that. Actually, the only reason why i didn't understand 80% of this video, is because of this US accent, and english language :grin:. English is really hard for french people. You guy produce such alien sounds with your mouth lol (how is this even possible to speak like "that"?). For me, as a french guy, and with Russian, English may be the hardest language to speak/understand when spoken. That's all i meant here. In comparison, Spanish or Japanese are wayyyyy easier, particularly Japanese (which i love), since it sounds "quite" alike french (saying "Daijobu" is far easier for me than saying "I'm ok"). Well, i guess i'm off topic now :D.

I don't think Adam was referring to you. I think it was more of a general rhetorical regarding whether if their discussion was too esoteric or technical for the layperson outside of the game development community.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I don't think Adam was referring to you. I think it was more of a general rhetorical regarding whether if their discussion was too esoteric or technical for the layperson outside of the game development community.

Well I can't speak for others but I know I'm too stupid to understand all these " 1's and 0's "  discussions that developers have...I just want to plaaaaay the game  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well I can't speak for others but I know I'm too stupid to understand all these " 1's and 0's "  discussions that developers have...I just want to plaaaaay the game  :biggrin:

Well, since i can't understand what is said, i didn't know that it was actually pretty technical. So, the general question about the interstanding of it makes more sense now.

• Like 1