The box art for this game - am I dreaming?

Grotesque

(...)I've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland, or anywhere near there(...)

Wow, just wow.

Of course none of the mods will do anything about this blatant nationalistic statement...

Good old double standards.

:lol: Do you think we read every post in every thread? Press the Report button and we will discuss it. Now we may not agree with your report, but we will talk about it. :yes:

one o' our favorite places in the entire world is gdansk.  we spent near an entire summer there back... well, a long time ago.  we were there for their first shakespeare festival, and we would love to return to see how much the event has grown.  we also has a particular fondness for polish food thanks to a "grandmother" (not our grandmother) who literal invited us into her kitchen/restaurant for two weeks and taught us a thing or two. we like the bits o' poland we has seen.

however, if we raged every time somebody on this board professed their distaste for all things American, we would be in a near constant state o' apoplexy.  if the mods needed to censor every anti-usa post, they woulds need double their numbers.

manifestediso's post seemed rather tame to us... particularly given what passes as run-of-the-mill in way-off-topic. sure, we actual like poland and disagree with his sentiment, but am doubting he agrees with every single Gromnir post either... hard as that is to believe.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps as a complete aside, when we visited poland, which were admitted a couple decades ago, it were one o' the few places in europe where folks became more friendly when they found out we is from the United States.  for example, we love spain and actually did some teaching in that country, but it were almost as if saying, "I am an American," were taken as an apology by the locals.  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

[...] I've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland, or anywhere near there [...]

Wow, just wow.

Of course none of the mods will do anything about this blatant nationalistic statement...

1) There's nothing nationalistic about that statement.

2) There is nothing wrong with nationalism, but even if there was, a comment being nationalistic is no cause for moderator interference.

3) Why would this constitute a double-standard? While moderation is largely hamfisted and seemingly arbitrary, there is no enforced double-standard.

4) Saying that you've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland, or anywhere near there, does not even constitute anything offensive or derogatory. I've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland or anywhere near there either.

Except arguably the return of eastern Germany. :p

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

[...] I've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland, or anywhere near there [...]

Wow, just wow.

1) There's nothing nationalistic about that statement.

2) There is nothing wrong with nationalism, but even if there was, a comment being nationalistic is no cause for moderator interference.

3) Why would this constitute a double-standard? While moderation is largely hamfisted and seemingly arbitrary, there is no enforced double-standard.

4) Saying that you've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland, or anywhere near there, does not even constitute anything offensive or derogatory. I've never wanted anything or anyone from Poland or anywhere near there either.

Except arguably the return of eastern Germany. :p

Nothing wrong with nationalism? Well Sieg Heil then mate!

Double standards is when you penalize someone for alleged offensive statement of one nation but see nothing wrong with bashing other nation.

I know that Polish people have the wrong skin color, so attacking them is ok in your book.

Well Sie.. eh, I'd respond in kind, but honestly, I'm on my second warning here, both unwarranted, yes, but I don't think there's any reason to push. But yeah, nothing wrong; the fact that your response to that is to run straight into Godwin's Law suggests that your age is somewhere south of 11.

And yes, that's exactly what double-standards are. And that's not what's going on here, which makes your claim ridiculous. No-one is bashing Poland, or any other country, nor is anyone endorsing the alleged offensive statements regarding one nation versus another.

And.. Polish people, skin colour, what is going on here? Is this some reverse racism thing all of a sudden? What are you even on about, kid?

• Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

He never said things or people from Poland are bad. He simply stated that, as it happens, he has never desired a thing or person who happens to be from Poland.

Though, how someone can not enjoy and desire polish sausage is beyond me. :)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u