Chants for the Chanter - Lack of Sound Effects

Havelok

On a similar note, the incantation sound effects (and wizard spells too) are really quiet and weedy you can barely notice them. It's a bit of a letdown after Baldur's Gate with Vita, Mortis, Careo etc you definitely know someone is casting a spell and you'd better stop them right now!

Loved the casting gibberish. The, "nacho, nacho, berries!" was my favorite.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Facio, Voco, Ferre is maybe the one you are thinking of? It's not gibberish btw, its Latin.

1. Illusion: "Veritas, Credo, Oculos" = "The truth, I believe, with my eyes"

2. Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth"

3. Necromancy: "Vita, Mortis, Careo" = "Life, and death, I am without"

4. Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind"

5. Abjuration: "Manus, Potentis, Paro" = "A hand, powerful, I prepare"

6. Evocation: "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command"

7. Conjuration: "Facio, Voco, Ferre" = "This I do, I call, to bring you forth"

8.  Enchantment: "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" = "I want, excellence, allowed to me"

Edited by Diogenes
  • Like 1

Reverb.

Facio, Voco, Ferre is maybe the one you are thinking of? It's not gibberish btw, its Latin.

1. Illusion: "Veritas, Credo, Oculos" = "The truth, I believe, with my eyes"

2. Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth"

3. Necromancy: "Vita, Mortis, Careo" = "Life, and death, I am without"

4. Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind"

5. Abjuration: "Manus, Potentis, Paro" = "A hand, powerful, I prepare"

6. Evocation: "Incertus, Pulcher, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command"

7. Conjuration: "Facio, Voco, Ferre" = "This I do, I call, to bring you forth"

8.  Enchantment: "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" = "I want, excellence, allowed to me"

It says much about my Baldur's Gate II playstyle that so many of those are burned so crisply in my mind, and yet I look at Divination and Enchantment and have absolutely no recollection of them.

It may well not be the most efficient or exciting playstyle, but god damn if the "Ignore anything that isn't evocation" style doesn't get results.

Edited by Kjaamor

• 4 weeks later...