[435] AoE isn't adjusted for INT in Level-Up Screen

Gairnulf

Question

[Description of the issue]

When you level up as a wizard and choose spells from the list in the level-up screen, their AoE isn't adjusted to show the difference between default AoE and AoE your character will get.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1) Level up as a wizard.

2) Choose new AoE spell from the list.

3) Notice the AoE shown before the base AoE is the same as base AoE.

4) Inspect the same spell from another interface.

5) Notice that AoE which the character will get is adjusted for the character's INT bonus and is different than the base AoE.

[Expected behaviour]

AoE should be shown adjusted for INT bonus in the level-up interface.

[Other remarks / Comments]

Initially I thought the AoE bonus from INT itself was bugged, but when viewing a spell's description in other interfaces, they show the correct default/adjusted AoE. So the bug only affects the level-up screen.

Screenshots:

3Xkcop1.jpg

AMZRhTP.jpg

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

5 answers to this question

Hmm, I searched for AoE in the first few pages of the forum and in your bug list thread, but didn't turn up anything. I didn't want to submit an issue which was already submitted. Oh well.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Just in case not already considered: to my knowledge, this level-up AOE description error happens probably to all classes (with INT != 10), which are choosing their abilities. In attachment, there are examples of level-up and in game descriptions for abilities of Chanter, Paladin and Cipher.

post-46814-0-06686900-1424232426_thumb.jpg

Also, when in character creation, the game doesn't take into account attributes at all, even when you choose a Godlike character. But that's probably a feature...

• Like 1