The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Pidesco

When the CE was first announced as an exclusive for EB Games for $200AUD, it was a right ripoff (I imported my Witcher 2 CE from the UK), but now that the Aussie dollar has tanked quite a bit since that announcement, it's suddenly looking a lot more reasonable. No pre-order of course, but if there's still stock on release I might bite.

Still not a big fan of the choice of Geralt wrestling gryphon sculpture though. Now if it Geralt wrestling Yennefer....

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I have to say, Triss is gonna get dumped here for Yenn, though that's mainly because Triss basically lied and manipulated Geralt in the first one to get her way... honest...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I have to say, Triss is gonna get dumped here for Yenn, though that's mainly because Triss basically lied and manipulated Geralt in the first one to get her way... honest...

I've been friend zoning Triss since TW1 as much as the games would allow.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd heard Vigo was in the game. I guess the best ending will get you all 3, heh. Triss is trying to help you get back your memory, so that's a mark in her column - she is Yennefer's friend after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-is-an-open-world-with-no-loading-tim/1100-6426896/

There was a quest marker I found inside of a bar, but even when I went inside, it didn't shut me off with a loading screen. It was almost like World Of Warcraft where you just wander in, and then say to yourself, "Oh, I'm in a pub."

So there there's no loading time at all?

No, there's no loading times. Only when you actually start the game, when die and load the game, or when you fast travel. That fast travel loading time depends on how far you have to travel of course. If you just fast travel a little bit, it's a really short loading time.

One of the goals we had was to keep the experience as fluid as possible. When you play, you don't want to have the loading screen because it takes you out of the game a bit. We wanted to make sure that it was as smooth as possible, one big experience. For us, that was really important. I think we achieved that because, as you said, just going in and out of a building, there's no loading time. Nothing. It's just creates this really nice experience

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been friend zoning Triss since TW1 as much as the games would allow.  

Friend zoning means something else in Witcher games.

I'd heard Vigo was in the game. I guess the best ending will get you all 3, heh. Triss is trying to help you get back your memory, so that's a mark in her column - she is Yennefer's friend after all.

Has to be in that Toussaint expansion, then.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

It seems they only allowed playing with a controller for the previews.

As Nonek pointed out a few posts ago, this might be a red flag.... a warning for the PC platform players. The last time a developer placed a controller-only restriction for previews was Bioware, for DA:I. And we know how that game turned out for people using Keyboards and mice.

<sigh> And this is a conversation that shouldn't even be happening. Some of us remember back when you couldn't even play a Witcher game on consoles. Now we have to deal with the reality that we might not be able to reasonably play the game without a friggin Console-emulating USB controller.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 2

I personally have every intention to play this game with my 360 controller, but I do hope the m&kb controls are up to snuff.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Thank you Keyrock, i've got nothing against playing with a controller, indeed I can understand the appeal of relaxing on a sofa and immersing oneself into the game in comfort. I simply do not think it should come at the cost of support for the m&k.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Will play it with a gamepad as well, but not on the couch. Truth told, some games play a lot better with a gamepad (if the gamepad is good and not like the GameCube thing). That's what I've learned over the past 2 or so years.

/Edit: For example, I thought that Alien: Isolation felt A LOT better when I've played it with a gamepad than on keyboard & mouse (it actually felt boring to me without controller), even though it got the "shooter feeling" - on the other hand, any other real shooter game felt like a huge pain to me with controller.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• Like 1

Is that video a metaphor about Ciri being the (white) wolf slayer or something?

Also, I don't want to play as Ciri. I really don't. And I didn't liked the parts in TW2 where you controlled other characters.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

She falls face first into a puddle of water while wearing a white shirt and we get no nips showing through the shirt when she gets up?  Where's mah realism, CDPR? desismileys_3556.gif

Should I get a PS controller. hmm.

I tend to stick with a 360 controller.  It's a good controller and has the broadest support of any gamepad out there.  Generally speaking, you plug your 360 controller and it just works "out of the box".  That said, all major gamepads should damn well be supported in all PC games that allow a gamepad, and a PS controller is a good controller and should have pretty good support on PC.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well at least Ciri doesn't roll, the blinking reminds me of Kain's evasive move in LoK: Defiance. Personally I was never particularly fond of Ciri though, too much of a Mary Sue for my liking.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!