The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Pidesco

I imagine that the game will still be playable and graphically stunning, but simply on a lower resolution without a few of the top of line bells and whistles. Based on experience of the last game I would say that it will probably be optimised after launch, each patch seemed to bring a slight performance boost.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh yeah this game is still one of my most anticipated games of 2015 ....very excited  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Damien makes a point to say how that is not running at max settings (possibly a dig at the downgraded graphics rumor).  Jen-Hsun makes some cringeworthy "I think that's Polish for..." jokes.  I'm kinda disappointed he didn't go for a screendoor on a submarine joke.  Anyway, the game looks great.  Hopefully no more delays.  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It reminds me so much of Gothic 3. And since Gothic 3 is one of my favourite games of all time, my hype meter is through the roof.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51

This part is causing some conniptions.

Will the game be displayed at 900p on Xbox One?

It surely will. 900p with upscaling to 1080p, but it’s not out of the question, that we will improve upon those conditions.

Witcher 3 on the PC has quite high requirements, while the minimal resemble the recommended ones in GTAV.

The requirements we’ve announced are real, it’s not like we’re lowering them. That’s what our programmers have fought so hard for – the optimization is getting better every day.

On the recommended requirements on the PC will we have 30fps, or 60fps?

I think, we'll stick with 30fps. Until the very end we intend to work on efficiency – it is crucial, as the machines are quite varied. Our programmers strongly urged us not to resolve to demagoguery, not to confuse anyone, or to bring down the requirements to lower spec. As I said – it can only be better.

• Like 1

It surely will. 900p with upscaling to 1080p, but it’s not out of the question, that we will improve upon those conditions.

Witcher 3 on the PC has quite high requirements, while the minimal resemble the recommended ones in GTAV.

The requirements we’ve announced are real, it’s not like we’re lowering them. That’s what our programmers have fought so hard for – the optimization is getting better every day.

I think, we'll stick with 30fps. Until the very end we intend to work on efficiency – it is crucial, as the machines are quite varied. Our programmers strongly urged us not to resolve to demagoguery, not to confuse anyone, or to bring down the requirements to lower spec. As I said – it can only be better.

Okay I'm impressed, thats the first time you have ever used a word I didn't know ..." conniptions " , nice one  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

By the way that was such an interesting interview, geez I feel like I know so much more  now  about how how CDPR develops games. Really good read  :geek:

John Milton 

• Like 1

id you know, in The Witcher 3 Geralt's beard will grow over time, and you'll have to visit barbers to keep it trimmed? That and other glimmers of new information have arrived on NeoGaf, after translators on The Witcher 3 forums got their hands on a preview feature from a German magazine. Though rather second-hand, there is information of interest contained within. Here are the best bits.

No Man's Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.

The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.

passages with Ciri are like a linear action-adventure, not like a RPG, plays differently and more action-fueled than Geralt's passages (no inventory, no skill tree, depending on the scene Ciri has certain skills)

Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h

Many small details such as Roach stopping to eat apples from a basket

All equipped items are visible in-game on Geralt

best items in game must be crafted

mutagens can be very powerful, like 40% damage enhancer for signs

fist fighting is without QTEs now, it's just like normal fighting with hard and fast strikes and such

there are horseraces similar to RDR, biggest focus on stamina management during races, you can even buy better saddles for horseraces

Geralts beard will grow. You have to go to a barber after a few days

The HUD is fully customizable. Icons and quest markers on the map can also be deactivated. Audiovisual hints (e.g. people screaming for help) will be present if you wish to do so.

Fluid gameplay on 1080p with everything on maximum +nvidia hairworks on GTX 980

game loading time is extremely short on the high-end PC

Ultra settings are impressive, especially the rich vegetation and character models; there can be scenes where difference between high and ultra won't be that noticeable; lighting is impressive: for instance evening light falling on vast flower fields of a parfum-maker

there was indeed no slider or adjustment option for the draw distance/LOD

They encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freezes.

That last point is a relief. There were quite a few bugs when I played the game earlier this year. A griffon kept flying inside a hill to escape my swords—an ingenious survival strategy, but quite irritating. While everything runs nicely on a GTX980, I wonder how well The Witcher 3 will scale down. One thing's for sure, we've got it better than consoles. The XBox One version can only manage 900p. Test your rig against The Witcher 3's system requirements to see if you'll need an upgrade.

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-witcher-3-details-ciri-cities-real-time-beard-growth/

• Like 2

CAD exchange rate is something, Titan X is going for $1400.

Geralt seems to be favouring heavier armours in almost every screenshots i've seen, at least compared to the books where he seldom wears more than a leather jack and spiked bracers, I wonder what brought this on: A design change perhaps, an emphasis on more realistic attire for a professional swordsman or maybe an in game response to the warlike circumstances that he is currently embroiled in?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Geralt seems to be favouring heavier armours in almost every screenshots i've seen, at least compared to the books where he seldom wears more than a leather jack and spiked bracers, I wonder what brought this on: A design change perhaps, an emphasis on more realistic attire for a professional swordsman or maybe an in game response to the warlike circumstances that he is currently embroiled in?

My personal guess: catering to the "generic RPG" crowd who doesn't know much about the lore in the books and just expects Geralt to wear fancy armor because "that's how stuff is done in RPGs". One of the compromises they probably made in order to appeal to a bigger democracy, especially in the US where the books are less well known and loved.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg