[435] Blast AoE not being increased by Intellect?

Sensuki

Question

6GBkyFH.jpg

The description of the Wizard Blast ability indicates that the default range of 1.25m radius is being used. The Wizard I have in this image has 18 Intellect - which should give +48% Bonus AoE

My understanding is that Blast *should* be increased by bonus AoE, and I have a feeling (but never actually bothered to check) that it was in earlier builds. I know for a fact that Barbarian Carnage is increased by AoE. Wizard Blast is kind of the same thing, and should also be increased by AoE.

That said, it is possible the description merely does not include the calculation.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

I tried to do some check and it looks to me that the AOE increase is probably working, so it's an error in the description?

For example in the image below, WizA has Int = 20 and WizB Int = 3. While both targeting Medreth on the outskirt of the group, WizA manages to hit more enemies around, see the combat log. As far as I know they didn't moved, being locked by BB fighter.

Blast_Wiz.jpg

By this quick test, I wasn't able to see the difference of the Blast AOE between Wizard with Int = 10 and Int = 3. But I guess, it's not easy to do the tests for that...

Try int 3 and int 19 :p

So I did, just for to be sure, that you are having me on.

Wizard D (Int = 19):  3 enemies targeted by blast,

Wizard B (Int =   3):  one nearby enemy targeted by blast...

hm, but I guess this is the best outcome:) so shouldn't be mad.

post-46814-0-43181100-1424294492_thumb.jpg

To be honest, this tests are most probably inconclusive. Sometimes AOEs feels not working the way I tough they are. Having probably wrong perception of the situation, or so.