Hi Obsidian-Crew :)

Posting my first topic after joining the forum a couple of days ago, in light of my curiosty about how far you were with the initial development with the game.

I all started out a boring night, my girlfriend was fallen a sleep on the couch, nothing on TV worth seeing and decided to to take a couple of hours of Counter-Strike on the Computer.

It was then I spotted the Headline about a "successor" for Baldur's Gate 1-2!

This was a about 2-3 years ago, if I remember correctly. Memory is a bit fuzzy ;)

Well the point with this Topic is, could it be possible, to get an insight in the crew behind this upcoming Game. Like a highlight movie, including bloopers, special moments, who came up with this idea in the first place, has there been som drama, when did you get the idea behind the XP system, as a crew are you always in agreement, tears, laughs and so on.

Just a way to also show people the great work you put in to this project as a side bonus. Because the many hours and sweat will be shown in form of a Game.

Sorry about the bad english and grammer.

Hope one of you guys read this...if not then ill just look forward to the game, which already has made me excited :)

• Like 1

There is a documentary for the development of the game. It's part of Champion and Royal Edition. Also, I think you can also buy the documentary separately by upgrading your pledge at the Obsidian backer portal.

Ahh I didnt notice that yet, but thanks for the headsup. Then the topic is irrelevant :p

There is a documentary for the development of the game. It's part of Champion and Royal Edition. Also, I think you can also buy the documentary separately by upgrading your pledge at the Obsidian backer portal.

Well that requires you to be a backer, though, and I sincerely doubt GordonFreeman is, based on his post. :p

t50aJUd.jpg

Actually, not true. No such pledge exists, although Obsidian might change that in the future. Hopefully.

Well that requires you to be a backer, though, and I sincerely doubt GordonFreeman is, based on his post. :p

Yea...and what precise those a "backer" mean ? Those who help found the kickstarter, are those people called Backers....or ? :)

Yea...and what precise those a "backer" mean ? Those who help found the kickstarter, are those people called Backers....or ? :)

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Freeman.

Backers are great individuals who supported/pledged PoE back on Kickstarter or on their official website. You can still preorder the game here:

http://buy.pillarsofeternity.com/

those who gave money durring the kickstarter are the backers (you can tell by the badge on the forum). those who gave above a certain amount, are entitled to a behind the scenes documentary about the making of the game. the rest will just have to wait for someone to upload it on youtube

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

those who gave money durring the kickstarter are the backers (you can tell by the badge on the forum). those who gave above a certain amount, are entitled to a behind the scenes documentary about the making of the game. the rest will just have to wait for someone to upload it on youtube

Or support Obsidian by paying for the documentary stand-alone online (if they intend to monetize a tiny fraction of it). I assume most people will use YouTube or other means to see it, but if they are going to put it out for a typical documentary sum or donation program, then I'm probably going to support it with munny.

well, im not interested in seeing it anyway.  :p

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Have you read the updates? There's been 89 of 'em since the start of the Kickstarter, and a number of them go quite in-depth about the process of making a game. Not quite to the point of Reality TV that you're talking about in your OP, but really interesting, and certainly a "Look behind the curtain".

Remember though, if you start at the beginning, that a bunch of things will be outdated, and have been changed since.

You can read 'em on this very forum, in the "Announcement and News" subsection, or the News section on the Pillars of Eternity website itself. If you prefer a white background, you can also read 'em on the Kickstarter page.

Maybe someone with a a better memory (or more time on their hands) can point you to some of the most interesting ones.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Freeman.

Backers are great individuals who supported/pledged PoE back on Kickstarter or on their official website. You can still preorder the game here:

http://buy.pillarsofeternity.com/

Thanks and Thanks again :)