[435] Swapping items in full inventory and inconsistency of double click equipping

ushas

Question

(BBv435 linux)

Swap items in full directory:

[problem]
Normally, when transferring items, you can exchange position between two things inside one or across different personal inventories, across inventory containers in general. This stops working when you want to swap an item from the outside (coming from different inventory, stash, or from equipped/quick item slots) for the item inside the full character's inventory. The exchange within the full inventory works as intended (because first you have to free a slot?).

The same problem has the Quick items container. You can swap consumables, scrolls, etc., as much as you like, till all the slots are taken. Which has been already known:
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70416-435-quick-item-slots/?hl=items

[expected behaviour]
The active item exchange should work consistently across UI, regardless the fullness of the container.

Double click behaviour (recommendations):

[unequip]

When unequiping by a double click, while having full inventory, the behaviour is different, and the item remains in the equipped slot, in the end. The inconsistency of the double click behaviour overall may confuse the player.

It would be helpful, if this is solved, as well. For example, you can let an unequip event to happen. But let the item remain to be picked up, as in case of the one mouse click, so the player can choose, where to put it. (he intended to put it out of the equipment slot after all)

[equip weapons and shields]

You can equip items (including rings) and put consumables into the quick item container by a double click. This doesn't work for weapons and shields, even when I have a weapon set slot free.

It would be helpful, if you can implement equipping/switching by double click for weapons/shields too. Perhaps, it can be tricky with many weapon set slots. But you can set up an implicit behaviour, and the player then adjusts to his liking. For example, make it as in case of consumables and rings -> gradually filling the slots.

[swap the first position in case of full container]

Also, when quick items and ring slots are full, the double click equipping stops working for them, as well. Of course, it would have to swap the desired item with an already equipped one. (and which slot then?). But still, even if you make the double click swap work only for the first slot (aka as with armors), it would be useful. For example, when you want to use something fast, without too much mouse travelling, and don't care to which slot the thing goes... (consumables/rings/weapons)

Edit to clarify: You can actually already swap rings in the first slot position by double clicking, but only if the character's inventory isn't full. That doesn't work for quick items, though.

Edited by ushas

4 answers to this question

It's just an annoying implementation because it's so easy to accidentally double click and equip/unequip items. I do it all the time.

Alt click or control click or something would be much better (I think one of those already stashes the item, so the other could be made to equip).

Edited by Sensuki

It's just an annoying implementation because it's so easy to accidentally double click and equip/unequip items. I do it all the time.

Alt click or control click or something would be much better (I think one of those already stashes the item, so the other could be made to equip).

Yes, Alt would be perfect!:) Ctrl is a multiselect (thanks for that).