Spells sheet - improvement and lisibility

BillyCorgan

Hi,

First i have to say i realy love the spells sheet design !

But, i think that spells description (and others) could be improved and that we can hope more lisibility.

1/ why not some "bulleted list" in front of the main description (area effects / effects etc...)

2/ Other think, "base value" looks confused. Why not see them with a mouse over on real spells value ?

look :

screenshot_15.png311988spells1.jpg

Thanks.

• Like 2

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

For exemple :

673860spells2.jpg

• Like 1

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Well, I don't necessarily think the base needs highlighting and certainly not to be shaded in red like that. The important information is what it actually is doing (the currently used range, not the base). Also, NGUI restricts what you can do with those Item Descriptions. I mucked around with them at the start of the beta and you cannot actually do that red highlight thing, you can only change the color of the text, as far as I know.

You'd have to use some tricky programming to implement that properly and I don't think they'll have time to do that before release.

673860spells2.jpg

I like that though. However, base values definitely do need to be displayed - particularly for debugging purposes.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Sensuki, for me "red highlighting" could be displayed by a mouse over on real value for exemple. It's not necessary to see them all the time i guess. 

Well this sheet seems weird to the french guy i am. Why "3e niveau Sort de Druide"? Is it a failed translation of "3rd level druid spell"?

Shouldn't it be "Sort de druide de niveau 3" or

"Sort Druidique

Niveau 3"?

And why "Frapper", and then "Assommement"? It should be "Frappe" and "Assommement" or "Frapper" and "Assommer". It's at least weird, at worst, not really french.

Overall agree about the rollover thing, sounds more legible.

Still i deeply hope i won't have to play an english game to have flavored text in PoE, because i'm definitely NOT fluent with english, and playing WL2 in english is quite of a VERY big deal for me, and many weird words are not even in my dictionaries... oO

EDIT: and "Assommement" vs "Courage"?? Is it a translation of fortitude? Seems definitely out of place.

Edited by Abel

If they don't want to implement that sort of pretty-printing, it looks like a quick fix might be to just prepend newlines, since there is some indentation. E.g.

onions: are the best things to
    put on your cake
fish: should not be allowed on
    cake
becomes

onions:
    are the best things to put
    on your cake
fish:
    should not be allowed on
    cake
It'll cost some vertical space, but since it looks like they've got scrolling down for these pop-up things, it'll probably be fine. I might be more partial to prepending newlines than having several alignment lines, really.

Fnord.

It'll be great to have a Dev' opinion about this. 

Yesterday, I showed the game to my brother and his first reaction was to find these originals screens "messy" ... so it confirms me in the idea that to the uninitiated a little polish will not do any harm.