Injury status effect on downed

SergeantHans

I think it would make for a much more immersive experiance if you randomly got one of the 7 injury status effects (eg. bruised ribs, swollen eye, concussion) on each time getting knocked out in combat. It would really make players try hard not to get out or to possibly suffer from a serious disabling effect until rest.

There have been several times in the beta where i simply didnt really care if a single of my party members got downed as i knew he would simply get up and quickly regenerate back to full endurance with no real loss to his performance.

Maybe boost the talents "triage" and "wound binding" to also remove one/several injurys. I couldnt find any topic concering this and dont know if its been discussed.

For the most part my guys are not getting up from being knocked out without having lost some health and I'm guessing endurance also - (not a number cruncher so not paying close attention) it's enough to make me want to keep them standing but I have yet to discover a sure fire way to do so - most of the time they are taking more damage than any of BB priests choices can handle and thus far I have stayed away from the triage & wound binding and concentrated more on class & offensive perks

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I think it would make for a much more immersive experiance if you randomly got one of the 7 injury status effects (eg. bruised ribs, swollen eye, concussion) on each time getting knocked out in combat. It would really make players try hard not to get out or to possibly suffer from a serious disabling effect until rest.

There have been several times in the beta where i simply didnt really care if a single of my party members got downed as i knew he would simply get up and quickly regenerate back to full endurance with no real loss to his performance.

Maybe boost the talents "triage" and "wound binding" to also remove one/several injurys. I couldnt find any topic concering this and dont know if its been discussed.

That is a good idea and I don't think it's too late to implement since it's just a status effect. Hopefully Obsidian will add some consequence for getting knocked out.

I actually already made a thread about the issue. Here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70155-poll-should-there-be-a-penalty-for-being-knocked-out/

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Well, in my opinion, the status after you reached 0 HP is a problem. I would give this status for a downed, and just permanent death when you reach 0 HP. You kill your opponents, right? And your characters are just "tired", "downed" "injured", or "bored" or "whatever"? Irrealistic imo. And you should not be able to rest more than once/16H (unless you have some violent sleeping drug oO), or be healed just by resting (yeah, i got impaled 3 times yesterday, but after a good night resting, i'm ok! oO). The old BG2 system needing a temple was ok.

Wel, actually i'm not currently playing the beta, but i saw plenty of videos about it, and i was surprised. Soo, if i misunderstood something... Feel free to flame me ;)

Well, in my opinion, the status after you reached 0 HP is a problem. I would give this status for a downed, and just permanent death when you reach 0 HP. You kill your opponents, right? And your characters are just "tired", "downed" "injured", or "bored" or "whatever"? Irrealistic imo. And you should not be able to rest more than once/16H (unless you have some violent sleeping drug oO), or be healed just by resting (yeah, i got impaled 3 times yesterday, but after a good night resting, i'm ok! oO). 

1. You have the option to be either 1) killed at 0 HP or 2) maimed at 0 hp, and then killed if you don't rest before reaching 0 again. 

2. On a practical level the system doesn't work any differently than for your enemies. If one side full party wipes = game over. 

2. Resting =/= Sleeping

Regarding the OP, it's not a bad idea. 

Edited by Bazy
  • Like 1

I guess they have their hands full enough at the moment, but still i dont think it would be that hard to implement since injury status effects are already in the game (only used in scripted encounters though) and there are two talents that could help heal them for instance.

1. You have the option to be either 1) killed at 0 HP or 2) maimed at 0 hp, and then killed if you don't rest before reaching 0 again. 

2. On a practical level the system doesn't work any differently than for your enemies. If one side full party wipes = game over. 

2. Resting =/= Sleeping

Regarding the OP, it's not a bad idea. 

Thanks. It's a way of seeing things that i didn't think about. So, agree with the OP too.