Recorded playtime in the save files?

Hi, tried searching around but couldn't find an answer.

I'm not in the backer beta so I've only been able to look at screenshots of the save screen so maybe someone can help me out here? It seems to list things like days and hours but I'm assuming that's the in-game time spent by my party?

I would like to know if the save files will record how much time the player has spent on that save or if there are plans to add this as a feature? I am someone who likes to know how much time I've spent on a game before beating the final boss (even though I know that the number in the save file is technically off given reloads and deaths, as POE isn't like the Souls series that records everything including your deaths).

Thanks in advance.

"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

ALDNOAH ZERO

I'll add it to our database as a feature, we could do it for the expansion.

In-game time passes at 24x real-time, but it won't be accounting for any time that the game is paused (probably not an insignificant amount), and it advances faster when you travel or rest, so probably not viable to use that.

• Like 2

I was thinking about this today. I'm still undecided whether to get a GOG or a Steam key, and I see Steam's tracking of playing hours feature as an advantage.

Unless one likes to play sp games with Steam offline mode wink.png

..I still use the old-fashioned method where I look at a clock before I start and look at it again when I turn it off each time. But yeah, I can understand wanting a more accurate timer. One of the funny things for me however is that I tend to wander off for semi-long periods with the game still running, so even then it's not very accurate. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^ Just get one of those little stopwatchy programs that speedrunners use. You can map a button to it, and every time you press that button, it'll stop. So, when you're done playing, you can stop it for the night. Then, when you start again, just start it back up. There should be a program somewhere that'll let you save the time so you can shut your computer down in between play sessions, etc. That seems like a simple enough data value to store. *shrug*

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

In-game time passes at 24x real-time, but it won't be accounting for any time that the game is paused (probably not an insignificant amount), and it advances faster when you travel or rest, so probably not viable to use that.

Very off-topic, but does the game keep track of in-game time for the purpose of timed events (like BG2 did)? Like a certain encounter or dialogue that triggers after a certain amount of in-game time has passed, or some time after a specific in-game event.

Nothing gold can stay.

I'll add it to our database as a feature, we could do it for the expansion.

Thank you for at least considering this. I appreciate it.

I was thinking about this today. I'm still undecided whether to get a GOG or a Steam key, and I see Steam's tracking of playing hours feature as an advantage.

Steam certainly satisfies the general requirement for tracking the amount of time you've sinked into a game. However, it's not quite what I want as it aggregates everything into one number. I can't tell from the raw number how many hours I've spent on character X and how many hours I've spent on character Y.

"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

ALDNOAH ZERO

why would anyone even bother to count the time he spent on a game? unless he makes a review and wants some evidence to back his claims

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

why would anyone even bother to count the time he spent on a game? unless he makes a review and wants some evidence to back his claims

A number of possible reasons. The OP gives you one. He likes to know, that's a good enough reason as any.

People like to collect things, compare scores, score records. It's irrational original.gif Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

^ I think Anti-Speed Runs would be interesting in some games. Like... "How long can you drag this boss fight out without dying?"

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u