Valentines Day

BruceVC

Happy Valentines day all  :dancing:

So has anyone got special plans please share them. What do you guys think about Valentines .....a time to show someone you love them? A commercial ripoff? Maybe its a little depressing because you may be single ?

I am going to go to Hooters and visit my lady friends there..so nothing unusual  :biggrin:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm single, it's not depressing. Also my motorcycle's birthday, she turns twenty-one, I'm her only lover, ever. 

No plans, unless I can figure out how to make comic book superhero girl characters come to life, in which case, I will invite Natasha over for brunch, have a few mimosas, relax. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm single, it's not depressing. Also my motorcycle's birthday, she turns twenty-one, I'm her only lover, ever. 

No plans, unless I can figure out how to make comic book superhero girl characters come to life, in which case, I will invite Natasha over for brunch, have a few mimosas, relax. 

Same as me as I'm also single and I can promise you I am not depressed or lonely. But I am fortunate enough to have a busy social calendar, I am constantly seeing friends and going out 

I do want a girlfriend but I can't compromise on certain things 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's valentines day? I didn't even know. <- That's a clue as to whether I have a special some one.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

It's valentines day? I didn't even know. <- That's a clue as to whether I have a special some one.

My advice is go to a strip club, those places are always friendly over Valentines day  :dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

Bah. Made up holiday that no male with a significant other can afford to ignore.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bah. Made up holiday that no male with a significant other can afford to ignore.

I'm not following you? Are you going on holiday for Valentines Day?

John Milton 

My advice is go to a strip club, those places are always friendly over Valentines day  :dancing:  :dancing:

I've never been to one; doesn't seem my style. The whole experience seems unpleasant TBH. I go in, they show off their bodies, then I leave sexually frustrated. Oh, and I have to pay money for that. No thanks.

EDIT: Wait, aren't you a feminist Bruce? I'm not expert on feminism, but I thought the objectification of women is supposed to be against the rules. Am I missing something?

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I've never been to one; doesn't seem my style. The whole experience seems unpleasant TBH. I go in, they show off their bodies, then I leave sexually frustrated. Oh, and I have to pay money for that. No thanks.

Geeeeez no Namutree,  strip clubs aren't like that, I wish I knew you personally. I would take you, we would have a  good time as long as you understand what a strip club is about. 

And dont worry about feeling amorous because we would hit the brothel after the strip club and all your  fantasies would be taken care of  :p

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Bah, the rest of the English speaking world does not know the difference between holiday & vacation. Americans & Canadians have figured it out, what the can't the rest of you? :lol:

No we're not going anywhere. In these parts a holiday is something like Christmas or Valentines day. It's a day on a calendar rather than something you actually do

. I know it wasn't really, there actually was a St. Valentine, but it seems like the chocolate, greeting card and flower companies got together in a smoky room somewhere and invented a special occasion to sell their stuff. Then the completed the conspiracy by convincing the women of the world that the quality of the gift they get indicated how well the relationship is going.  

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've got similar conspiracy theories about Easter and Mother's Day too if y'all want to hear them. Actually, you just did! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Bah, the rest of the English speaking world does not know the difference between holiday & vacation. Americans & Canadians have figured it out, what the can't the rest of you? :lol:

No we're not going anywhere. In these parts a holiday is something like Christmas or Valentines day. It's a day on a calendar rather than something you actually do

. I know it wasn't really, there actually was a St. Valentine, but it seems like the chocolate, greeting card and flower companies got together in a smoky room somewhere and invented a special occasion to sell their stuff. Then the completed the conspiracy by convincing the women of the world that the quality of the gift they get indicated how well the relationship is going.  

Okay makes sense, does Steff not  like flowers and romantic things...you are a newlywed afterall ?

Now before you misunderstand me when I say "romantic " things I dont mean your normal Tennessee romantic gift of a bears brain fresh from the kill or something similar. I mean something like chocolates or lingerie or perfume  

• Like 1

John Milton 

Okay makes sense, does Steff not  like flowers and romantic things...you are a newlywed afterall ?

Now before you misunderstand me when I say "romantic " things I dont mean your normal Tennessee romantic gift of a bears brain fresh from the kill or something similar. I mean something like chocolates or lingerie or perfume  

:lol:  I can't top this!

Thomas Sowell

It's almost 2 AM here in TN. I'd bet most of the Americans posting on the board right now are at least a little drunk,

I've lost the cap to my bottle of fine Kentucky sour mash, you know what that means.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

How 'bout that, other people are more drunk than I am. 

Siri just told me it's not even 10am in South Africa, Bruce, for shame. :)

Well its more of  a continuation  from last night   o:)

John Milton 

You totally scored the cutie that works at Andiccio's, I knew it. Banana egg pizzas are a serious turn-on down under

I did get the Pizza as part of the indulging ...food always improves an evening of revelry 

John Milton 

Me and my girlfriend are going to do what is pretty much our tradition at Valentine's day. Go to a nice pub (she's a beer nerd), get hammered, and then go strolling around in a  household/electrical appliances store and buy random stuff.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Happy Valentines day all  :dancing:

So has anyone got special plans please share them. What do you guys think about Valentines .....a time to show someone you love them? A commercial ripoff? Maybe its a little depressing because you may be single ?

Not depressed, if you get used to being single you'll eventually start to realize that its a very liberating situation. Being single is the only way to be your true self, I enjoy that. 

I'm going to spend this valentines day editing photos, working out and CAD modeling deep into the night while listening to my dark ambient electronic play list with nobody to interrupt my thoughts or concentration. This makes me happy. 
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

We're gonna go to some bistro we wanted to try and then see Kingsman: The Secret Service (the only movie that is actually playing the local theatre other than 50 Shades of Rape). I also gave her The Wolf Among Us because she really enjoyed the Walking Dead games.

Funny coincidence! My wife bought The Wolf Among Us for me and I bought her Gone Girl - a film about a man suspected of murdering his wife.

• Like 1