Very Greatful to Obsidian!

I know its a bit early, but I want to thank Obsidian team on the type of work and immersion I saw in the game. I was always a fan of Icewind Dale and after playing the latest Backer Beta I feel like I just went back in time but only the game is better now (2.0 if you will).

I remember during early kickstarter campaign I have requested immerse handling of corpses that shouldn't just vanish into thin air (like some games) and I am happy to report that I was heard and that they have delivered. The game is immersive and has a great narrative based off playing Backer Beta, no big bugs and great detail in combat.

You are the best Obsidian Thank you!!!

• Like 1

*Grateful

That being said, while I share the overall sentiment, saying that there's no "big bugs" in the current BB is.. less than correct. There's currently a metric ton of bugs of varying severity, but even if we only count the "big" bugs, Dexterity currently works backwards (literally; instead of 3% faster, you become 3% slower) and Interrupt is completely broken (you can easily "stunlock" opponents with Interrupt).

However, it's still a little over a month until the game ships, so if they can iron out most of the kinks and address some of the bigger issues (lopsided Attributes, etc) I have no doubt that PoE is going to become a game to play for years to come, especially if they externalize most of the assets, modders are going to have a field day.

t50aJUd.jpg

Luck man* ....all jokes aside you really think that POE will be moddable? I wasn't following the board for a while but as much as I want it to be I have my doubts.

Actually it's a surname, supposedly stemming from some aryan poet in antiquity (or further back), and it just happens to be mine, too. :p

But yeah, PoE is moddable. Exactly how moddable remains to be seen. On one hand, they've said that they want to support modding and modders, but on the other hand, like Sensuki said, they haven't actually externalized everything, nor replied on the question as to whether they're going to or not.

There's also supposedly going to be a Pillars of Eternity Nexus, officially supported, or at least that was the word way back when.

So yeah, there's going to be mods in greater or lesser capacity. Hard to say, so far. But you can do some pretty fly stuff already. Bester & Sensuki appear convinced that they can mod abilities and mechanics enough to remove Engagement and actions related to it, and Bester has already (for the Backer Beta) released mods that frankly should already have been in the main game, solving minor issues and peeves (the NPCs-and-allies-are-both-green; I hate it, I hate it, I hate it; Cyan for the win!).

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg