Single-class party

If I wanted to do a playthrough with a party of six characters all of the same class, which class would be the best? I'm thinking one of the "buff" classes: Paladin, Priest or Chanter, since they can mutually reinforce each other. Which of these has the most stackable abilities?

Or would it simply be better to have a bunch of Rangers with pets tanking and focusing fire to eliminate enemies quickly?

Chanters would be best. Highest base deflection and decent accuracy, so you could build them however you want, each one can summon powerful creatures, and they're remarkably durable and with all of them ticking away with Beloved of Spirits, healing would be covered as well. I think each tier has 6 chants, too, so starting out you'd have all 6 active, and then when you get more tiers you can keep the most powerful active.

This sounds fun, I think I'm going to do that on my next beta run.

Agree Chanters have the most potential for aoe bursts and stacking buffs.

Saying that any of the casting classes as a party would be pretty powerful if you min max the individual stats and give them all specific roles and pick spells. talents accordingly.

But the Druid would be my pick for this.

Their potential for mass CC, AOE spam, Single target dmg and damage reduction spells topped with strong offensive melee/shapeshift ability and one druid built as a healer/support could be massively overpowered.

Fairy Light Chip of Draxor FX Enchanted@4.5 static bolts

Holy graphics card of Edenwell 6000

8 Gelgaplex of rammage

100 stash squares of the heavy traveller

Saying that any of the casting classes as a party would be pretty powerful if you min max the individual stats and give them all specific roles and pick spells. talents accordingly.

Their potential for mass CC, AOE spam, Single target dmg and damage reduction spells topped with strong offensive melee/shapeshift ability and one druid built as a healer/support could be massively overpowered.

Now, Druid is probably a pretty good pick for a same-class party, I'm not arguing that, but I think you are the first one I hear mentioning "strong offensive melee/shapeshift abiity".

Shapeshifting is currently rubbish. :|

Generally, I agree with Sock that Chanters are probably the best class for a same-class party. They've got those stacking buffs, they're versatile, and they have powerful abilities.

t50aJUd.jpg

Now, Druid is probably a pretty good pick for a same-class party, I'm not arguing that, but I think you are the first one I hear mentioning "strong offensive melee/shapeshift abiity".

Shapeshifting is currently rubbish. :|

Generally, I agree with Sock that Chanters are probably the best class for a same-class party. They've got those stacking buffs, they're versatile, and they have powerful abilities.

True it's rubbish compared to their casting but you can spec to have one of your party focus on melee to make it more than effective. It's not how I would play the game but for an all class party I would go with the Druid over Wizard or Priest for example.

Fairy Light Chip of Draxor FX Enchanted@4.5 static bolts

Holy graphics card of Edenwell 6000

8 Gelgaplex of rammage

100 stash squares of the heavy traveller

True it's rubbish compared to their casting but you can spec to have one of your party focus on melee to make it more than effective. 

No. It's just plain rubbish. Shapeshift lasts about 10 seconds, it's not very powerful. And you LOSE all of your stats from your gear when you shapeshift. It makes you LESS powerful.

For an especially absurd example, you can have a tanky druid with 90 deflection and 12 DR. If you shapeshift to Bear form (the tank form) your stats go to about 30 deflection and 8 DR. 

Edited by Bazy

Should so be rollin' Iorek Byrnison bear action there. Really armour mods should be added to the animal form. Bears+armour is almost as good as bears with chainsaw arms, or sharks with lasers on there heads.  Though the armour should lower attack recovery times as normal. Figure magical armour should change form to fit the wearer anyway, how I always had it work in my Pen&paper games. Otherwise the Ring of Fire resistance on a troll would be like a wrist band, or for a titan with a ring of wizardry it's be like a hola hoop. If any of you DM putting a ring of fire resitance on a troll is halirious and makes damn good sense. Players be like, what do you mean my fireball is ineffective.