Which patron deity will you pick?

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which deity will your character worship?

• Eothas, god of redemption and light
    • Berath, god of cycles and death
    • Skaen, god of resentment and rebellion
    • Hylea, goddess of birds and the sky
    • Abydon, patron of the Knight of the Crucible
    • Magran, goddess of fire and war
    • Wael, god of secrets and revelations
    • Galawain, god of the hunt
    • Ondra, goddess of water and the moon
    • Rymrgand, god of death and plague
  2. 2. Which deity will your character worship? (Continuation)

• Woedica, goddess of justice and rightful rulership
    • I don't know.
    • Depends gameplay bonuses.
    • Blank (Voted in first poll)

EDIT: BTW Who or what is the "Knight of the Crucible"?

They are the order of knights (not paladin) having their roots in black-smithing (that's why Abydon is their patron).  With the passing of the time they became more like knights because of their role in independence war in Dyrwood. Today they are the defenders of Defiance Bay and official guardians of the Duke. Wikipedia also mentions that they were involved in Saint's War somehow, but I can't find any information about it in the lore books. Maybe it comes from game files.

• Like 1

I don't get the Eothas love... he's dead! ... Probably! 

I only worship gods that exist, thankyouverymuch...  :disguise:

Oh.. I get it. Death Godlike. Eothas. Funny.

I also don't get it. He seems kind of contradictory as well. Like, as the God of Light, you'd think he's the Big Good Guy, right? But he started the Saint's War so... he's a kind of a douche?

I also don't get it. He seems kind of contradictory as well. Like, as the God of Light, you'd think he's the Big Good Guy, right? But he started the Saint's War so... he's a kind of a douche?

Pelor, the Burning Hate.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Don't think so ;) As usual it is complicated, when you are in a human body, not in your 'pure' shape. I mean I noticed some similarity to the Phoenix fate of X-Men in Marvel Universe. If you know its story Phoenix was a greater being (something like god, but more like cosmic power taking care of our universe) that found host (too much Stargate seasons recently :p), in pure shape it could do nothing, if the universe was in the danger. It merged with Jean Grey mind and body and helped to protect Earth and universe. But later Phoenix became dark, it was corrupted by human emotions and so on. It wanted to destroy what had to be protected. It could be stopped by killing physical host, but Phoenix as a being couldn't be slayed (otherwise, we will have next Big Bang in the universe ;)) It returned after death of the host to its pure shape or taking next person as its avatar (and everything started again).

Of course, Phoenix can have nothing to do with Eothas case. We don't know why Saint's War started (except situation in Readceras), but I think gods in their avatars (see Berath's crazy Pallid Knight in Collector's Book fragment) work extremely appropriate to their domains. Of course we have here god in the human body, so one question left about Waidwen - was he aware of divinity presence in his body after he became a king or maybe he was mindless puppet like undead? We can only conjecture now. But I hope it will be known more in the game. It has too much potential for religious theme in the game or it will be one of its secrets (like Tom Bombadil for LOTR).

Edited by White Phoenix
  • Like 1

Spoiler: all gods are douches, only to varying degrees.

And Eothas may have thought he had good reasons to start a war. Like, make everyone worship him! That's a noble goal, right. Especially since you are so cool and kind and everyone would totally be better off worshipping you and not that **** Magran.

• Like 1

Spoiler: all gods are douches, only to varying degrees.

And Eothas may have thought he had good reasons to start a war. Like, make everyone worship him! That's a noble goal, right. Especially since you are so cool and kind and everyone would totally be better off worshipping you and not that **** Magran.

Good point but it reminds me about Maker and Andraste stuff from Dragon Age lore. As we know Maker abandoned his children first in the Fade, then in Thedas after Andraste's death, because mortals (Tevinter) rejected to worship him (while they were worshiping Old Gods) and killed his prophetess Andraste, who he send to spread a faith in him (she had to liberate her slave people from Tevinter). He turned away from all mortals because of this until they understand their mistakes and regain favor (some kind of collective responsibility because Tevinter was guilty). It seems to be similar with Waidwen = Andraste, Eothas = Maker and all Saint's War mess = Tevinter slave rebellion more or less.

Edited by White Phoenix

I'm wondering if one can pay lip service to whichever deity seems appropriate for the situation, scorn the churches and deal directly with the gods and give them whatever sacrifices one negotiates if they answer you (or seem to.)

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

If I make a ranger and more then likely I will. He will worship Galawain, god of the hunt. I know my first playthrough will be a Paladin

of The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga or Goldpact Knights order. Said Paladin is going to worship Eothas, god of redemption and light.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´