Mockup for "edit chants" UI, grimoire layout adaptation

Grotesque

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've made a mockup for the "edit chants" U.I. that looks like a scroll (same as the icon)  and not like a grimoire/book.

I also had to change the layout of the grimoire so that the transition between the interfaces of grimoire and chanter's scroll would be visually smooth when changing characters from this location.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-13-2015/CyD7_j.gif <--- here is a GIF with the transition process

CyD7_j.gif

Edited by Grotesque
  • Like 4

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

You answered one of my litte concerns Grotesque :D (once more?)

In fact, i felt that the book for chants and wizard spells was not really ok. I mean, in BG, the idea of the book was ok, because, you had several pages, one for each spell level. But, here, since you have ALL in just ONE page, where is the purpose of having a book?

Or is it just me saying bull****? :p. Still, just an aesthetic detail i guess.

Edited by Abel

While I don't have a problem with the current chant book, I have to say the scroll mock-up looks aesthetically pleasing. 

And this scroll mock-up could be improved further.

Maybe something like this ( because is not too complex) will be implemented in the final game.

The challenge in this mockup was that between UI transitions, some common  elements  (character portrait circle, ? and X buttons, etc ) staying the same size and in the same place.

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.