Worst talents

Namutree

Out of curiosity - were those any special blunderbusses? (also, to reiterate previous question: why blunders, not arquebuses?)

Yeah two of them were unique items. One of them you can get in the beta (the first one). The second was a unique. The third and fourth were just Fine and Exceptional Blunderbusses.

Penetrating shot you get -5DR. Blunderbuss = 5 attacks = 5x5 =25 extra damage per shot = OP

Not necessarily. Blunderbuss base damage is 8-12 man (or less). They also reload fairly slow and don't cause interrupts. They also have an accuracy penalty (although, maybe slightly too much?) .. dunno.

You can do like 100 damage with a magical Arquebus in a single shot.

Edited by Sensuki

The Blunderbuss also works well with the Cipher talent that gives + focus per hit. Can get as much as 16 extra focus in a single blast, on top of the focus from the damage. Makes it relatively easy to top out your meter.

Anyway, here's a thing, but I think it's mostly a visual thing and not actually effective in game (if you'll note Waymund's little targeting profile he only has one instance of the venom):

http://i.imgur.com/hUW9rLE.jpg

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

The DoT was just plain bad. Sabres are now useful :) which is more important.

Like I said, I understand why, I'm just sad to see the mechanic go. Maybe the DoT should've scaled off of damage inflicted, and thus be affected by general damage modifiers, then it'd be a "simple" matter of balancing the numbers?

t50aJUd.jpg

Backstab - It's a Rogue specific talent or ability that is supposed to give 2x damage when you hit from invisibility, however with the sneaking changes it seems to be impossible to sneak up close enough for it to trigger, so alternatively you have to use the Rogue Invisibility ability/talent which is 2 per rest...

The Stealth system wasn't taking high (i.e. above the creature's level) Stealth values into account, making it very difficult to get close even with characters who had maxed out Stealth values.  This has been fixed and feels much better now.  A Stealth-focused character can get quite close to most enemies and even someone who dabbles in Stealth can still use it for scouting and initial positioning.

• Like 6

I think they were added because someone wanted to have a favored enemy for the Ranger.

That was me

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.