Paladin Aura Radius

Bazy

100% agreed. As it stands, I find the most effective paladin build is to use a pike. Since they have to go through the animation of activating their aura, they will always lag behind your front line, and with the pike they can bunch up much cleaner than if using a normal range melee weapon.

I don't know how badly they were nerfed, I came into the beta after this nerf. They are a very passive class at the moment, but their passive bonuses are obscene.

I have seen in the beta some reptuation dialogs requring a 4 in the value. So, with two favored dispositions at 5 (and we can probably safely assume at least 5 if not higher), you can get +15 defelection and +30 all other defenses from JUST Faith and Conviction, also assuming that the 5/10 base value is not an artifical boost since we're starting the beta mid-way.

Add in another +15 defelction from cautious attacks, and then stick a supurb shield on that with sword and shield talent, and you're looking at a build that is as untouchable as that "can't touch this" video paladin, but is also capable of dealing damage because you wouldn't have to cripple it's offense as much in the full game to reach those defense values thanks to disposition bonuses. I don't even want to imagine how you'll be able to tweak things with magical gear, too. If any magical effects work similar to Riposte (retaliate on a miss), then it's going to be a class that wrecks everything.

Edited by Sock

Dunno. I expect enemies in the later areas will have a lot higher accuracy than the ones we are facing currently. Elder Bears have 97 Accuracy and that pretty much wrecks everything (coupled with very high per-hit damage).

We will be able to test faith and conviction stuff when the bug with ability-modifying talents is fixed.