Pillars of Eternity: Prima Official Game Guide for Backers

Amazon listing

In the list of features is 

The Pillars of Eternity  Collector's Edition Strategy Guide includes:  

“Thank You” Section— includes the printed names of over 4,000 customers who helped fund the development of the game via Kickstarter.com.  Each of these ‘backers’ will be presented with an offer to buy the guide.

Does this mean there will an offer to backers to buy this guide for a discount? I have backed the collectors edition, and I would love to add this to complete the set (along with the Guidebook), but will wait to order if there is a deal going.

Does anyone know what the story is?

• Like 1

Wait a second ... is that a real thing? I don't want my name listed in some book without permission (real name, I mean - if it's KS sign-in nickname I guess that's ok to me). How do they get the Kickstarter list?

Edit: maybe I gave tacit permission already...ah well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Whoa, hefty price.

Must have it.

Why is it not on Amazon.co.uk? ;(

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wait a second ... is that a real thing? I don't want my name listed in some book without permission (real name, I mean - if it's KS sign-in nickname I guess that's ok to me). How do they get the Kickstarter list?

You had to fill a survey with the name you wanted in the thanks section of the credits. They would have used that information for the strategy guide as well, I would assume.

You had to fill a survey with the name you wanted in the thanks section of the credits. They would have used that information for the strategy guide as well, I would assume.

Yeah, it was in the backer portal.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I didn't even know they were making a physical copy!

Anyhow, this is exactly what I was hoping for:

Main Quest— A comprehensive walkthrough of the main story. We cover the myriad conversation choices, depending on your skills. Everything you need to complete the game, including puzzle-solutions, boss battle tactics, and the critical paths. 

Side Quests & Tasks— An easy reference to all side quests, including when they become available and how to accomplish them perfectly.

Ah, yes. I figured that was just for the game itself. I just wasn't aware/spaced out on a Prima guide, I guess. Not really worried about it per se, just a principle sort of thing. I'm weird that way.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I remember answering a survey for which name I wanted, but I don't know if it was for this super massive awesome hardcover. 

I'll go ahead and pre-order, just in case. Maybe I'll be twice as awesome as I thought I was. 

400 pages ... I'm a little turned on.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I remember answering a survey for which name I wanted, but I don't know if it was for this super massive awesome hardcover. 

I'll go ahead and pre-order, just in case. Maybe I'll be twice as awesome as I thought I was. 

400 pages ... I'm a little turned on.

Thanks for the suggestion! i was thinking the same!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes. I figured that was just for the game itself. I just wasn't aware/spaced out on a Prima guide, I guess. Not really worried about it per se, just a principle sort of thing. I'm weird that way.

I am curious about that as well. I don't really remember the survey part.

I am curious about that as well. I don't really remember the survey part.

I don't either.  I guess it was a long time ago.

It was a long time ago but you were given the choice in a kickstarter survey thing to specify the name you wanted used for your "thanks" section listing.  I told them to just put me as Karkarov since I pretty much feel the same about the real name thing as Lady Crimson.  :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hello good sirs,

im aware that im kinda necroing this thread but i have a question regarding the prima guide.

If im correct the official Guide is is only available as a Hardcover fpr non-backers but will be given in a digital format to some backers, is this correct?

If at all Possible i would really like to get my hands on the digital version of the strategy guide without paying for the complete Royal edition upgrade?

(im only interested in the guide also i do not see the practical use of it being a hardcover, im playing on my pc right? )

i do not mind paying for this, just not as much as the royal edition upgrade (because i just do not want the other stuff)

Question related to this: anyone knows if the strategy guide will be sold out? Or they keep having supply for a while?

Reason why I'm asking this: as Im planning to play the game for a bit to know 100% sure if I will like it and play a lot, then I will buy the strategy guide.

Question related to this: anyone knows if the strategy guide will be sold out? Or they keep having supply for a while?

Reason why I'm asking this: as Im planning to play the game for a bit to know 100% sure if I will like it and play a lot, then I will buy the strategy guide.

I would guess that it depends mainly on Prima (maker of the guide), because I think that they are ones that responsible of producing and selling guide books.

If my Inquiry is not clear enough,

i read that it is possible to gift beta keys away if you are a backer, in the same way would it be possible to gift a Prima guide, for the correct price naturally to another person?

also if that would pose some legal issues i would want to avoid this naturally, just wanting to ask.

If my Inquiry is not clear enough,

i read that it is possible to gift beta keys away if you are a backer, in the same way would it be possible to gift a Prima guide, for the correct price naturally to another person?

also if that would pose some legal issues i would want to avoid this naturally, just wanting to ask.

You can buy physical guide from here, it and gamestop are only places where one (including backers) currently can buy the guide

http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Eternity-Prima-Official-Guide/dp/1101898232

Backers can buy digital editions of guide, but I don't know how their gifting will (or will not) work as we have quite little details on how they will be delivered to us.

Yeah, i saw the physical Edition, as said i would like to have a digital version of the guide though, something i have not found so far.

Go here: Pillars of Eternity

Login, choose Manage Pledge, choose Buy Addons, choose the Strategy Guide.

sorry if i was unclear, im not a backer

EDIT: im just a normal Pre-Order guy on steam

Edited by Lord of Riva