New Real Time With Pause Dungeons & Dragons RPG - SWORD COAST LEGENDS

Infinitron

Their cliche fantasy name generator has gone into meltdown.

:dddddd

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

SCL_Bryn_ConceptPage.jpg

dem thighs

No problem with the thighs, but what's up with adventuring in heels?

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The young lady is going to absolutely ruin the tension on her bowstring while carrying it strung like that, and near throttle herself if she moves that sword quickly.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Also, I hope she doesn't consider the leather bodice as actual armor. Her heart is very much exposed. But with the hitpoint inflation (seriously I thought I seen someone with 200+ hp) I doubt it matters.

It's good to criticize things you love.

I think this game is as generic as epic fantasy can get.

~ Kaine

I don't understand what makes them think recycling generic fantasy trash is good for anybody.

~ Kaine

It's still useless and only dumbs everyone down

~ Kaine

It seems like it's supposed to be a Toolset. A bit like NWN

But I would still give this a pass. I know D&D characters are a bit too squishy on level 1 but the problem with HP in D&D was always that you went from "how did this twit survive" to "shrug off a cannonball to the crotch". Neither is particularly fun or realistic.

So when you just start multiplying the hitpoints it just replaces one "not fun" for the other. If I wanted to clear rooms while vaguely keeping an eye on my health I have Diablo, Diablo II, just about any MMORPG, Torchligh, Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Divine Divinity, Sacred and many others to go play. I really really doubt we need another regardless of what the market says. 

There's a d20 ruleset called "Grim N Gritty", where instead of getting hit dice a level, your hp is your constitution score + a level based bonus. Wizards get d4 classes get hp every 4 levels, d6 classes get hp every 3 levels, d8 classes get hp every other level and d10/12 classes get them each level. Meaning a level 20 fighter with 18 con would get 38 hp. Monsters followed a similar thing but their size added a multiplier. I think something like that would work really good for a video game. 

Though if you look up those rules and play with them, Wizards and Clerics are damn near godly so use them at your own risk.

Edited by Dadalama

So.. I just waded through ten ****ing pages of pointless garbage posts whining about how bad a yet to be released game is.

Could everyone who already hates this game please go somewhere else? WE GET IT, YOU HATE IT, ENOUGH ALREADY! It's ****ing impossible to read about this game with all the drama queens (wah wah this poster is enough for me to hate this game wah wah) and whiners spamming.

Anyone have any actual news to share (the posters were nice)? 

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Could everyone who already hates this game please go somewhere else?

But that would completely defeat the purpose of internet forums!!!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Could everyone who already hates this game please go somewhere else?

But that would completely defeat the purpose of internet forums!!!

Welcome to the 21st century internet forums! Please enjoy the drama while you are here. (Number of Twitch emotes like Kappa follows)

So.. I just waded through ten ****ing pages of pointless garbage posts whining about how bad a yet to be released game is.

Could everyone who already hates this game please go somewhere else? WE GET IT, YOU HATE IT, ENOUGH ALREADY! It's ****ing impossible to read about this game with all the drama queens (wah wah this poster is enough for me to hate this game wah wah) and whiners spamming.

You should be thankful RPG veterans like ourselves have exposed this trash game so you don't have to waste your money and time on this inferior product.

• Like 3

~ Kaine

Thing is, I don't think there is much hard news.

So we've discussed what news there is amid the sub-codexian sniping.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Even with my prior criticism I do like the way it does the DM stuff. I do hope that the ambush GM function makes it so that hidden enemies are detectable as though they are hiding. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. It's just I'm tired of having games where you can take more arrows than Benkei and be good enough to go get a cup of coffee.

Not really seeing a familial resemblance (if that's intended by common last name).

Montaron?

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I want see that guy pulling sword out of tabard on his back xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I just bought the 5E books. There's a lot good in it. It's too bad that this game seems keen in bastardizing it to all hell. Some of the stuff I see has potential but other stuff pure garabge. Not to mention the character/graphics is way too cartoony and fakish.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.