New Real Time With Pause Dungeons & Dragons RPG - SWORD COAST LEGENDS

Infinitron

Yup. Should've been a mace and a crossbow.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

In original D&D and AD&D, clerics were forbidden from using all edged or pointed weapons. Crossbows were also a nono. Obviously a DM could override this if he wished. The reasoning behind this is that clerics were supposed to be reluctant to shed any blood.

2nd edition opened it up a little bit by acknowledging that some deities would allow for the use of certain edged or pointed weapons but in general clerics were still forbidden from using all edged or pointed weapons. (2nd edition is 1st edition for the most part without the nudity, demons (they just renamed them), and acknowledging some widely used house rules).

In original D&D and AD&D, clerics were forbidden from using all edged or pointed weapons.

Good point. Though I'm basing this off 3.5 which is IMO the optimal edition and a personal favorite. In 3.5 the so-called "undead hunters" were clerics who favored crossbows in addition to blunt weapons like maces.

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins

f37.jpg

You bore me mageling. If this game has server side support similar to NWN and NWN2 then this game will be huge, why? Because NWN1 and NWN2 Multiplayer was amazing when you got on a server where your character could actually make a difference in the story of the server. 

If this game has server side support similar to NWN and NWN2 then this game will be huge, why? Because NWN1 and NWN2 Multiplayer was amazing when you got on a server where your character could actually make a difference in the story of the server. 

Quoted for truth. Having an online DM while adventuring on a NWN persistent world has been truly amazing.

Edited by Luj1

~ Kaine

In original D&D and AD&D, clerics were forbidden from using all edged or pointed weapons. Crossbows were also a nono. Obviously a DM could override this if he wished. The reasoning behind this is that clerics were supposed to be reluctant to shed any blood.

That always seemed weird to me because beating someone to death with a mace or a war hammer is going the shed a hell of a lot of blood too.

• Like 2

You bore me mageling. If this game has server side support similar to NWN and NWN2 then this game will be huge, why? Because NWN1 and NWN2 Multiplayer was amazing when you got on a server where your character could actually make a difference in the story of the server. 

Absolutely. There was a small, but incredibly well done persistent world server for NWN1 called Montlethia. The interactive roleplaying experience there was almost indescribable.

After a bad experience, I rolled a cleric of Talos and went full darkside. My villain became so notorious for extortion, chaos, and mayhem, that the DMs made one of the port towns hostile to me. That town's guard even had an official quest with journal entries and everything where they were to hunt me down and bounty my ears. One day I got caught by a group of Tyrians (my mortal adversaries) alone deep in a dangerous part of the woods. I even used my special unique ring given to me by the DMs that could change the weather, but there were too many of them and my reign of terror was brought to an end--not before taking several of them with me of course. The paladin that turned in my ears even refused the kingly bounty...how disgusting is that? Hahaha. Such good times.

• Like 3

Some PWs were pure gold, I still have good memories of them, although a lot of them were trash with everyone and their mother trying to be some super unique freak and excusing clearly power builds with some **** inconsistent story.

Two I liked the most were I think Empires of Eternity and The Way Inn.(if those were the correct names). I was dabbling some with Ravenloft Prisoners of the Mist, but there were too many over the top characters and eventually I left.

• Like 1

Absolutely. There was a small, but incredibly well done persistent world server for NWN1 called Montlethia. The interactive roleplaying experience there was almost indescribable.

After a bad experience, I rolled a cleric of Talos and went full darkside. My villain became so notorious for extortion, chaos, and mayhem, that the DMs made one of the port towns hostile to me. That town's guard even had an official quest with journal entries and everything where they were to hunt me down and bounty my ears. One day I got caught by a group of Tyrians (my mortal adversaries) alone deep in a dangerous part of the woods. I even used my special unique ring given to me by the DMs that could change the weather, but there were too many of them and my reign of terror was brought to an end--not before taking several of them with me of course. The paladin that turned in my ears even refused the kingly bounty...how disgusting is that? Hahaha. Such good times.

Well after some informations posted about the game in last two weeks, I can already see the developers saying. "We disabled the evil alignment to streamline the multiplayer experience."

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well after some informations posted about the game in last two weeks, I can already see the developers saying. "We disabled the evil alignment to streamline the multiplayer experience."

:lol:  No kidding. There seems to be a concerted effort to dumb this thing down as much as possible,

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol:  No kidding. There seems to be a concerted effort to dumb this thing down as much as possible,

Thats horrible :( I also don´t get it...what are they aiming for? The success of Divinity and Pillars should make it clear that there is a market for this kind of games without watering it down /facepalm

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

PoE is overrated. And this game (SCL) will likely be a streamlined forgettable trash

~ Kaine

PoE is overrated. And this game (SCL) will likely be a streamlined forgettable trash

This statement will either be proven completely false or only half true. We'll have to wait and see which. It will never be completely true.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins

f37.jpg

No it will not. MP was only a tiny part of total NWN1 and later NWN2 player base. This game will make or break primarily in its singleplayer content.