New Real Time With Pause Dungeons & Dragons RPG - SWORD COAST LEGENDS

Infinitron

https://swordcoast.com

About the Game

Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience. With a deep narrative developed by a team of long-time industry veterans and a partnership with Wizards of the Coast, the single player campaign of Sword Coast Legends brings the world of Faerûn home like never before.

Sword Coast Legends also brings the roleplaying dynamic between players and Dungeon Masters to life with DM Mode, a first-of-its-kind real-time experience in which Dungeon Masters guide players through unique customizable adventures. In DM Mode, the Dungeon Master engages players and empowers them to have fun in a way that suits the party best while creating a tailored, non-adversarial 4 with 1 experience that any RPG or pen-and-paper fan will enjoy.

Game Features:
  • Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins
  • Choose from five playable races and six unique character classes to build your own stalwart adventurer
  • A return to form, Sword Coast Legends is the compelling and complex RPG you've been waiting for and features pause time, party-based tactical combat and involving storylines
  • Dungeon Master Mode: Create your own epic adventure to share with your friends, or enhance their experience in real time as they traverse your dungeon
  • Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the fifth Edition ruleset and populated with Dungeons & Dragons lore and legend

Feargus' recent little rant about D&D suddenly takes on an entirely different light...
Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 4

Single player campaign created by members of the leadership team that brought you Dragon Age™: Origins

f37.jpg

• Like 14

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

the combat looked much better than PoE

That really isn't saying much.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm interested.  Not nearly interested enough to pre-order or anything (I'm all done with pre-ordering anyway.  I feel dirty I ever did in the past).  I'd be more interested if it had been written by whoever did Orzammar in DA:O as that was the only part of that game with writing worth celebrating, IMHO.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It looks good to me. Not interested in the 4v1 mode though; I'll have to read the reviews to see if the single player campaign is worth it.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Is it a RPG like a journey based RPG like BG?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm actually considering pre-ordering it...I know, I know.  :unsure:

I don't see any problem with that?

I own one game these guys has worked on and it is a hack & slash for the N3DS, but I haven't played it yet. It could turn out to be a good game. I'm just pessimistic by nature.

Do they have forums? Bruce you should create an account there and ask them if they'll have romance.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

This actually looks quite exciting. Hopefully it can replicate the depth of encounters present in BG, and tell a good story too. Despite other RPGs being good fun (like NWN, Dragon Age etc.) I have never found anything as easy to replay or with as much depth as BG2.

This seems more NWN inspired than BG however.

Do they have forums? Bruce you should create an account there and ask them if they'll have romance.

I just checked the forums and people are already asking about it

Yeah but Bruce is a promancer's pro. If anyone can successfully lobby for it, that would be Bruce.

• Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hm, interesting. It looks like the type of game genre I enjoy playing *shrug* will see what it looks like after release though.

The only pet peeve I have at first impression is... only 4 characters??

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

The video makes it look not half-bad, but that's not too hard to do. But in general I'm so little into RPG's these days, I think I'll pass, for now at least.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts