Paradox will be streaming some Pillars of Eternity at their yearly con. It'll probably be presented by Josh Sawyer seeing as he's attending the con.

Where: Paradox Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

When: 12 Feb 16:00 CET time (roughly two hours and twenty five minutes after this post)

Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?835493-PDXCON-2015-The-Grand-livestreaming-schedule-for-PDS&s=72e4ee129a1f190fb33f2a5603d8424b&p=18859798&viewfull=1#post18859798

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 2

I'm starting to think there might have been a last minute change. At the top of the stream they only mentioned Crusader Kings, Cities and Magicka...

EDIT: Okay they've said the stream is going away for one and a half hours. There's definitely been a change and I'm guessing PoE got bumped for some reason. :( Sorry guys.

EDIT 2: Yep definitely no Pillars. Paradox's facebook had it listed yesterday but they put out an updated schedule for today a couple of hours ago and there's no Pillars on it.

EDIT 3: And now they've edited it out of the original facebook post (but you can still see it in the edit history ). Definitely not happening today. Maybe they'll reschedule for tomorrow.

Edited by MasterPrudent

I'm starting to think there might have been a last minute change. At the top of the stream they only mentioned Crusader Kings, Cities and Magicka...

EDIT: Okay they've said the stream is going away for one and a half hours. There's definitely been a change and I'm guessing PoE got bumped for some reason. :( Sorry guys.

EDIT 2: Yep definitely no Pillars. Paradox's facebook had it listed yesterday but they put out an updated schedule for today a couple of hours ago and there's no Pillars on it.

EDIT 3: And now they've edited it out of the original facebook post (but you can still see it in the edit history ). Definitely not happening today. Maybe they'll reschedule for tomorrow.

:(

This is all I feel.

So PoE just got cut? No replacement schedule being arranged?

How incompetent can Paradox be? Completely omitting one of your games because you can't schedule the bookings on your own Con...

Ah yes, I see! Paradox is to blame, it says so right he.. ... wait a minute ... *frantically searches for reason to blame Paradox* ...

... Ah crap, let's blame them anyway. Paradox is evil!!!!

So PoE just got cut? No replacement schedule being arranged?

How incompetent can Paradox be? Completely omitting one of your games because you can't schedule the bookings on your own Con...

http://instagram.com/p/zClXW6px-j/

Maybe there is more behind in the story than we know  :alien:

I was certain I read another post which cited a double booking for the hall as being the reason for the dropped stream.

If Josh just got sick then Mea culpa.

I was certain I read another post which cited a double booking for the hall as being the reason for the dropped stream.

I think the penalty on posting too hastily is getting your soul ripped out. Bring out the animators!!!

I think the penalty on posting too hastily is getting your soul ripped out. Bring out the animators!!!

Ha! Found it, it was on the Codex: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/pillars-of-eternity-beta-release-thread.93694/page-348

Pillars of Eternity Presentation in Europe was cancelled because of a double booking apparently.

J.E. Sawyer said:
We were double-booked for presentations, unfortunately. There wasn't a way for us to do both.

Which is it now? Or is it still me and this was in relation to another event?

Well...

seems I don't know the difference between an animator and an animancer yet, so you will live regardless (sorry, new setting and all of that).

• Like 1

Pillars of Eternity Presentation in Europe was cancelled because of a double booking apparently.

J.E. Sawyer said:
We were double-booked for presentations, unfortunately. There wasn't a way for us to do both.

Which is it now? Or is it still me and this was in relation to another event?

Not sure.  But it sounds like a screw up on Obsidian's end not Paradox.   Hint guys: send a couple folks to Europe and others to whatever the other event is.  You don't need the whole team present to monologue for an hour.  Or given the technology of the age, need anyone to be physically present.

Edited by Voss

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Earlier today I was counting all the areas in BG2 from what it seems to be this will basically be the size of BG2 before the DLC add onto BG2 if anything it may have a few more areas. I never really know what they typically consider by location but I always end up counting interiors of even the small houses as locations hopefully a DEV or Moderator could further explain on this. I know one location many seemed to miss in BG2 was in the bridge district and a certain door you need a rogue stone to gain entry too now that's harder than a dragon ironically what lays in wait for you. I would estimate this game for players like me 100 hours give or take. People don't typically read to much into lore so most skim read and end up shortening the game time.

Edited by cresentdark

Earlier today I was counting all the areas in BG2 from what it seems to be this will basically be the size of BG2 before the DLC add onto BG2 if anything it may have a few more areas.

BG2 has over 270 areas in the base game. A lot of those are smaller interiors though. Pillars of Eternity has 170 by my count.

Edited by Sensuki