PLEASE add seperate Sound Effects and Ambient Sound volume sliders

I'm sorry I posted this suggestion so late, but I just saw in a video for the first time the sound options with old, outdated archaic choices. SFX, Music, Master (I think?)

Nothing worse than having your ears blown out by overly loud sound effects, so you turn it down and then you miss out on the most immersive part of an RPGs audio: The Ambient sounds.

So please have separate volume sliders for FX and Ambient sounds.  Thank you.

• Like 6

Obsidian have said that they would like to do it, but they don't have the time to implement them before release. I was disappointed by this as it was something I asked for during the very first backer beta version.

• Like 4

There's been a lot of discussion about this recently. The short version is that separate sliders for FX and Ambient sounds won't make it into the initial release but it is something that the lead audio designer is keen to patch in at a later date.

EDIT: :ninja: Mods feel free to delete this post.

Edited by MasterPrudent

The devs know it's a feature the fan base would want to have. I'm sure it will come in a patch—we need sliders for ambient sounds and voiceovers :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think Sensuki mentioned this somewhere as well, but it would be really nice to have the toggles of how *often* stuff like combat barks fire also, like there was in the IE games (was it in all of them or only BG? Can't remember now...)

• Like 3

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Will add again that we need volume sliders and sound options like Novanus posted....I just assume all of this would be in the game and was legitimately surprised by their exclusion...guess it really pays not to take things for granted.

Edited by GreyFox
  • Like 1

Will add again that we need volume sliders and sound options like Novanus posted....I just assume all of this would be in the game and was legitimately surprised by their exclusion...guess it really pays not to take things for granted.

Yes, agreed!   It's hard to not know what's in the options until you see it in a video or a screenshot :)

• 2 weeks later...

Obsidian have said that they would like to do it, but they don't have the time to implement them before release. I was disappointed by this as it was something I asked for during the very first backer beta version.

Damn, I thought they had promised they would do that before release :/ Doesn't sound good. They are probably overwhelmed with bugs to fix.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• 3 weeks later...

The easiest solution for all parties would be a simple re-calibration of ingame sounds before release so that they have an appropriate volume level in relation to each other.
They just have to put a sane person in charge of it, and then the single (sound effect) slider would be sufficient.

just in case you guys didn't know, the newest bb has audio sliders in!

That sounds promising.

Edited by Striped_Wolf

To be frank, it's just one additional slider for voice volume. So that leaves us with Master, Music, Sound effects and Voice.

Surprised that they managed to get it in before launch, but I'm really happy they did.

I hope they can crank out even more options for a patch or the expansion for those of us who are sensitive about sound. :)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It has ONE audio slider. It does not separate the SFX from other sounds and stuff like that

My ghost will not rest until I have this

wJGxpvl.png

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

It has ONE audio slider. It does not separate the SFX from other sounds and stuff like that

Some fella had a video on youtube for BB 480 I was trying to pause it on his screen it looked like there were like 5 sliders on his sound page. What do they do? 

There's master volume, music, effects (which is every sound other than music or voices) and Voice volume.

Effects needs to be split into SFX, Ambient and UI.

I also would like those VO toggles as well - Always, Seldom, Never

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2