About the first expansion

Want to know what kind of expansion is going to be, i mean is not a dlc of red boots right?,  i ask because i have the option to add $20 for the expansion on the backer options and i really want to know if it worth it. (i am not going to pay $20 for red boots dlc or something like that).

Edited by Arturo Sanquiz
  • Like 1

Yes i know, my english sux.

No,I remember they said it like Tales of Sword Coast,but bigger than that.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

They haven't said anything about the exact nature of the expansion although a lot of people have speculated that it will be along the lines of Tales from the Sword Coast.

Here's what they have said about it: The expansion will come out approximately six months after Project Eternity is released and is not being funded by this Kickstarter. That’s right, it’s not DLC, but a real honest to God RPG expansion pack. We don’t have the details on the Expansion yet, but you can bet it will be what you’d expect from an Infinity Engine game expansion.

So it's obviously intended to be more than red boots but whether its more like Tales and Heart of Winter/Trials of the Luremaster or Throne of Bhaal is yet to be determined.

Edited by MasterPrudent

What I want from expantion is like compleatly new themed big area which can be entered from start and hang out. Like Shivering Isles (TES4). Ofcourse the usual stuff higher level cap, new class, new survival element(?) and so on...

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."

My understanding is that the expansion is going to offer Romance ...which we know will be missing from the main game  :wub:

• Like 6

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My understanding is that the expansion is going to offer Romance...

I wasn't worried about quality of an expansion in a least until you said that. Now I am. Darn.

Fear not; Bruce is just (jokingly) pushing his pet project. Almost everything that has been said by the devs on the matter of the expansion is in my post.

• Like 2

My understanding is that the expansion is going to offer Romance...

I wasn't worried about quality of an expansion in a least until you said that. Now I am. Darn.

Fear not; Bruce is just (jokingly) pushing his pet project. Almost everything that has been said by the devs on the matter of the expansion is in my post.

Yeah I'm just joking, no promancer expects Romance in any expansion of PoE 1

Realistically the best we can hope for is Romance in PoE 2 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My understanding is that the expansion is going to offer Romance ...which we know will be missing from the main game  :wub:

I have to admire your dogged determination Bruce.  However it is more likely I will win the 12 million dollar lottery than Sawyer and Co put romance in Eternity.  I don't even think they will do it in Eternity 2 to be honest, no one involved in the project likes romance in RPG's :p

• Like 3

I have to admire your dogged determination Bruce.  However it is more likely I will win the 12 million dollar lottery than Sawyer and Co put romance in Eternity.  I don't even think they will do it in Eternity 2 to be honest, no one involved in the project likes romance in RPG's :p

I am the eternal optimist my friend, the eternal optimist  :) 

• Like 4

John Milton 

Don't you worry, Bruce, optimism is always rewarded. Even if devs will heartlessly strip protagonist of any chance for love in a whole series (please, devs, do so! ;( ), there certainly will be possibility to mod romances in. Look at how thoroughly Sensuki and Bester vivisected BB already.

As of OP, even without MasterPrudent's quote it's unlikely Obsidian was going to make micro-transaction oriented DLC like additional armor set or something. Not their style. I'd expect relatively short independent plotline with several new locations, characters and, maybe, monsters, stuff like that.

Yeah I'm just joking, no promancer expects Romance in any expansion of PoE 1

Realistically the best we can hope for is Romance in PoE 2 

Or wait for the inevitable romance/friendship mods by fanfiction writers...

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

it's unlikely Obsidian was going to make micro-transaction oriented DLC like additional armor set or something. Not their style.

Paradox, though, is a different matter...

Let's just say, it's a good thing the kickstarter campaign compelled Obsidian to promise not to do it.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

it's unlikely Obsidian was going to make micro-transaction oriented DLC like additional armor set or something. Not their style.

Paradox, though, is a different matter...

Let's just say, it's a good thing the kickstarter campaign compelled Obsidian to promise not to do it.

Obsidian hired Paradox to manage production and distribution. Otherwise Paradox has no vote in any kind of matters, including production of DLCs and expansions.

Also, Kickstarter did not make Obsidian "promise" anything about DLCs, except that an expansion will get made. If Obsidian suddenly decided to do 10 DLCs with one clothing item in each, nothing would stop them. But it's not Obsidian's style, so I'm not going to worry about that.

Well, the way I understand it, it's supposed to be an expansion like Throne of Bhaal was one for Baldur's Gate II. As far as size and scope are concerned. They won't make a red boots DLC and call it an expansion.

If is like Throne of Bhaal or sword coast expansion like people are telling here then i am going to add those $20, worth every penny.

• Like 1

Yes i know, my english sux.