Backer Reward Shipment Poll

Shipment Poll  

1419 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to receive your physical rewards?

• I would prefer to get my physical rewards at the game's release and the game discs at a later date.
    • I would prefer to get my physical rewards and game discs at the same time. I understand this may mean I will get my physical backer rewards a few weeks late.

Small adition: the extra shipping costs for some discs are not so high, compared with the ones for the whole box with contents like t-shirts or card games, etc.

IMHO these "few" bucks do not make any change to the quality or the extend of the game. I am sure the publisher will pay a part of these shipping costs.

^ The book, game episode, or television season? :)

If it's the book, and you're bored, check out Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive series (currently 2 books).

10 parts, 2nd one out, 4 year gap between parts... uhh... 

Maybe I'll grab them all when it's finished.

I voted for option #1: It is a good idea to protect the game against illegal copies during the shippment period.

Of course this will delay the pirating of the game only for a few days but with a little luck long enough until every backer gets his copy first. (Steamkey, e. g.).

Some weeks before we talked about getting or not getting the "making of...-DVD".

Regarding the outcome of this poll (for disc shippment) this could be a good chance to produce the "making of... DVD" and ship it together with the game disc(s).

In this case there will be no excuse for not getting the "making of... DVD" instead of a "making of... download".

This DVD would be the better choice than any kind of notepad or what ever should replace this DVD.

In what way does picking option 1 protect the game against illegal copies during the shipment period more than option 2? It doesn't. The game ships at the same time with option 1 and option 2, yet it seems like everyone's voting for option 1 and many people are seriously misunderstanding the difference between the options.

• Like 1

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Yep, the piracy issue doesn't have anything to do with either option. As there are several posts claiming this, the wording of the announcement probably was a bit unclear, though I can't really tell where.

OT: I really like Sanderson, but yeah... this multi-volume quintillionology thing constantly bugs me about Fantasy series. If you can't tell your story in three to five volumes, cut it down. Exceptions excluded, but they're rare. (ASoIaF isn't one of them.)

There are really good books in one volume, something almost unheard of in the Fantasy genre.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I just thought of something. Physical rewards will have to be manufactured before the game releases on STEAM as I understand it, if Option #1 wins. This means that we will get an outdated manual on release. The manual would have been outdated due to skill/ability/attribute/chant/etc tuning still going on after production is complete. I'm not too thrilled about that. I'm also hoping that customs won't screw over Euro backers. I went with one of the higher tiers and the package includes lots of stuff. Then comes another package with discs. I'm not surprised that the first option is in the lead, but I am still disappointed about said fact.

OT: I really like Sanderson, but yeah... this multi-volume quintillionology thing constantly bugs me about Fantasy series. If you can't tell your story in three to five volumes, cut it down. Exceptions excluded, but they're rare. (ASoIaF isn't one of them.)

There are really good books in one volume, something almost unheard of in the Fantasy genre.

Meh... while more != better, less doesn't really, either. If all fantasy series were 1 book, the world of fantasy novels would get quite old rather swiftly.

And yeah, methinks some folk here are thinking the game disc is going to ship earlier with one option than the other...

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think that since everyone has a digital copy anyway, there is no rush to get the backer copy of the game to us by release. I'd also rather the money be spent on almost anything other than shipping.

Not really. Our plan has been for my husband and me to split the copies, one using the physical discs, one playing the digital copy.  Getting a box without discs would be a tease.

Tbh I just want the box for my collection of rpg'esk' games. As long as the key is easy to gain via whatever method you'll implement on your site I'm okay. In fact getting a GOG key is rather comforting since I'd had thought the physical game option to be bundled with a steam key & discs as is the norm.

If there is a proper manual in the box win/win, get that new manual smell too! 

• Like 1

Just wanted to say that the first option for us physical backers is a rly rly nice thing of you to do! And then, wait for the box as a whole ;) Or just wait for the whole thing if a digital copy costs you anything, since I too agree with alot of ppl here that I'd rather see that extra shipping money go to something game related instead of extra shippings!

Edited by ghoztkilla