Backer Reward Shipment Poll

Shipment Poll  

1419 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to receive your physical rewards?

• I would prefer to get my physical rewards at the game's release and the game discs at a later date.
    • I would prefer to get my physical rewards and game discs at the same time. I understand this may mean I will get my physical backer rewards a few weeks late.

How would Option 2 contribute to this issue? There's no pre 1.0 version that's going to be shipped out if you choose Option 2. What Option 2 does is delay you getting the 1.0 version on disc as well as the other physical goodies for a few weeks. You'd still have the choice of grabbing the digital 1.0 version on release day (Assuming you're not in a crappy internet access situation).

Basically, Obs is giving you the choice of when you're going to get your on-disc 1.0 version. You're not going to get a pre-1.0 version with either option.

Oh, completely misunderstood.  Thanks for clearing this up.

#2 for me too . I don't mind waiting a couple of months. Need the feeling of unboxing the disc and insert it into tray. Yes that long forgotten art ...oh memories...

*remembers his age and cries in corner.

• Like 2

Ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα  (Only one thing i know, that i know nothing) - Socrates.

I voted to wait mainly because Bloodborne. I'm one of those people who like to play those games to death while people are still figuring them out and the coop is abundant. A great single player game can wait. Of course, not everyone wants or cares about the PS4 and/or Bloodborne but for me, I can wait to receive my goodies. Also splitting things up can just lead to problems, the disc can be damaged or lost in the mail, people may forget about receiving the game, or other human elements messing things up.

Receiving it in one big, complete package is the best option, in my opinion.

This is actually true with me as well, I'll be playing Bloodborne around that time too and it is going to take priority for me (seeing as it's out a day earlier as well, can't really say which game I'm more excited to play, I'm insanely excited to play both of them) so I guess ultimately I wouldn't mind too much either way.

That being said, if Bloodborne were not coming out around the same time, option 1 would totally be my choice.

Edited by Lokizarro

I voted #2 for a few reasons. I won't be playing right when it is released anyway since I will have other games/school to keep me occupied. Also, I didn't plan on opening my physical box since most of the rewards were going to be digital with the box having just the DVD and printed manual. I was going to enjoy the game by using the digital copy, enjoy the rewards digitally, and keep the box sealed on my shelf. So I'm somewhat disappointed that this wasn't figured out beforehand and from the poll it seems that I will be getting an open box and a DVD later.

Firstly, is the disc version going to get its very own patches? Straight from the Obsidian site or something? I mean, whether they're manual install or auto-patch, I don't care. But, are we waiting until the disc version has absolutely no more patches, ever, before getting those? Or are there going to be patches?

If there are going to be patches, then I say just ship the discs with as up-to-date a version as you can, with everything else, "on-time," then let us patch them beyond that. If that doesn't work for whatever reason, then I've gone with option #2. Because, as cool as the physical goods are, this whole campaign was about the game. And yeah, I'm not about to use a digital key for myself, then send a disc (that may or may not still need future patching and can't go through Steam like the digital key) to a friend or something. Or just keep it on a shelf somewhere. "Oh, the game's at 1.4 now, but at least I have this 1.0 disc lying aroung, 8D!"

I guess I just don't see much reason to worry about the disc at all if it's not going to be easily patchable, separate from a digital key. What's the point in having "extra" digital copies of the game if you have to use one while you wait on your disc?

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Since I have the option, I'm all about option 1. I very much appreciate you guys are willing to eat the extra shipping costs. Your professionalism and customer service are unparalleled in this industry. Even if the poll ends up going in favor of waiting, I truly appreciate the offer and sentiment. Thank you.

Personally, I prefer the physical versions. Collects every purchased the game and how much it does not require integration with Steam. And here my question. Is the game will be purchased in physical form that does not require the installation and activation of the service Steamwork ??

Currently you can't buy game in physical form, but if Paradox decides to sell physical copies I would guess that they will be similar to those physical copies that backers get, which are drm free and have installer that is independent of any digital distribution service. But I can't say anything for sure.

Personally, I prefer the physical versions. Collects every purchased the game and how much it does not require integration with Steam. And here my question. Is the game will be purchased in physical form that does not require the installation and activation of the service Steamwork ??

Currently you can't buy game in physical form, but if Paradox decides to sell physical copies I would guess that they will be similar to those physical copies that backers get, which are drm free and have installer that is independent of any digital distribution service. But I can't say anything for sure.

In the update, they stated the retail version would be tied to Steam.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Firstly, is the disc version going to get its very own patches? Straight from the Obsidian site or something? I mean, whether they're manual install or auto-patch, I don't care. But, are we waiting until the disc version has absolutely no more patches, ever, before getting those? Or are there going to be patches?

I asked about this awhile ago. The answer was vague. I suspect they'll just make manual patch files available for download via the backer portal.

Option 1: Box without discs.

However, if the boxed game is only going to be a couple of weeks late, I'm fine with option 2.
Just don't let a few weeks delay turn into months... as was the case with other KS games I've supported: 

Wasteland 2 CE (3 months), Jane Jensen's Moebius (8 months), and Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect CE (9 months).

Don't know if this has been asked or answered but, "How will this affect the signed CEs if any?" If the signed CEs will take as longgggggggggggg as InXile's W2 then I have no problem with option #2 as I would still have to wait. However, it seems OE has their act together more than InXile so maybe there won't be such a longggggggggggg wait for the signed CEs.......hopefully?

I am fine with either option. The second one seems to save some money on shipping, so I'll go with that. I am just glad to be getting a retail boxed game, without any DRM. That's the best part about backing projects on Kickstarter - getting games without Steamworks or any other DRM mechanisms.

I asked about this awhile ago. The answer was vague. I suspect they'll just make manual patch files available for download via the backer portal.

Yep, it has been officially stated somewhere on this forum at some time (sorry, can’t be more specific, memory at fault) that the patches would be available on the backer portal.
  • Like 1

Yeah, the update about "auto-patching seems kinda DRM-y to us" makes it sound like any form of GOG/Steam-key-free patches are out of the question. But they didn't say "No, there totally won't be any disc-version patches," so I'm still left wondering.

EDIT:

Yep, it has been officially stated somewhere on this forum at some time (sorry, can’t be more specific, memory at fault) that the patches would be available on the backer portal.

Ahh, I thought it was mentioned at some time, but I couldn't remember or locate it.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I honestly don't know.  I know you prefer option 1 but I also don't want to cost you too much money since I want PoE to be as financially successful for you that you can make more of them. :D

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Voted option #2. I have no desire to collect unopened versions myself, but for those who do and for those who may get issues with customs, it seems the logical option.

Some form of option where backers could make the choice in the backer portal would be nice, though.

• Like 3