Backer Reward Shipment Poll

Shipment Poll  

1419 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to receive your physical rewards?

• I would prefer to get my physical rewards at the game's release and the game discs at a later date.
    • I would prefer to get my physical rewards and game discs at the same time. I understand this may mean I will get my physical backer rewards a few weeks late.

As we have expressed in our latest backer update, due to the combination of our game being DRM-free and piracy there is a very real concern that the game may leak early when we send the build for manufacturing. We feel that there are two ways we can handle this problem to make sure that the game doesn't get leaked before the backers get their copies:

1. We ship everything out except the game disc, which we then ship to you after finalizing the 1.0 version. Wait a minute. That sounds crazy. You’re going to ship me a game with NO DISC inside at first?! Here’s why we think that’s good: Anyone who pledged to a physical reward tier will get a digital copy. You’ll be able to get a Steam or GOG.com key on our site and play the game at the same time as everyone else. You’d be able to take out your Collector’s Guidebook, your cloth map, your mousepad and enjoy all of it at the same you’re playing Pillars of Eternity.
  2. Alternatively, we delay shipping everything out to you once we have the final 1.0 version ready. For some parts of the world, this could mean a delay of some real significance. Not just a week or two, but multiple weeks after it’s released.

If you are a backer that is getting physical rewards, please vote in the poll attached to this post. We will update everyone next week with the popular vote in a backer update.

Thanks for your feedback and support.

• Like 13

Hallelujah. New update! I voted for physical item first and wait for game disc later. 

I can still play because I already have a digital copy of the game included in my KS. 

The real reason wanting the physical item early to show off my cool t-shirt and of course cloth map!

With that said, Option #2 is still a good choice, its really not that big of a deal. 

Edited by ryukenden
  • Like 4

As an Australian backer, I really appreciate that you guys are happy to break up the shipment. I can't remember the number of times that I've had weeks between seeing others get their rewards online and receiving mine. Plus like you've said, we receive nothing later with option 1, we must receive most stuff earlier and either way we get the digital game on release.

• Like 1

I will go for the first one. I don't even have a disc drive, I just want that fancy box and a drm free copy for archiving. However I would also want the 'complete' experience of playing a potential new classic RPG on it's release day. And being in Europe, well, waiting usually means a month or so for shipping.

• Like 3

Obsidian and Paradox are willing to eat the shipping costs so that the backers are able to get their rewards as soon as possible. We know that we would be bummed out if we had to wait on getting our physical rewards a few extra weeks. We want to give you guys the best experience that we possibly can.

• Like 25

As an Australian backer, I really appreciate that you guys are happy to break up the shipment. I can't remember the number of times that I've had weeks between seeing others get their rewards online and receiving mine. Plus like you've said, we receive nothing later with option 1, we must receive most stuff earlier and either way we get the digital game on release.

As a fellow Aussie, I totally agree!

It's not even a close call for me - Wait to ship the physical game until it has reached 1.0. This is a choice between a fleeting moment of satisfaction (being able to play the game with the physical assets on launch day) versus something that is much longer-lasting (having a complete, finished game box in my possesion). I don't plan on opening the box - It will remain on my shelf as a collector's item. So to have it be incomplete, without the actual game inside, would be really disheartening.

Edited by ThreeSon
  • Like 4

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Core i7 3770 @3.5 GHz

nVidia GTX 680

16 GB RAM

Posted this on the kickstarter Update, reposting here.

Give me Option 1 in regards to the Physical Boxed copy and relevant physical rewards for my tier;

But then let us just choose what type of digital distribution codes (Completely Drm-Free/GoG/Steam etc.) we want for our 2 copies of the game via here or a survey or something in lieu of the Disc altogether.

Not at home while posting this - I straight up legit don't even know If I even have a disc drive.. I just backed at this tier for the box itself and manual etc. Though I still very much indeed would like 2 Steam copies (Which I was assured via a PM ages ago would be possible for my pledge)

Edited by Stoibs
  • Like 1

Option 1 is perfectly fine with me.  Though I understand where ThreeSon is coming from as I have a collection of boxed games,  is it possible to allow people to "Opt-in" to waiting so that people like Threeson interested in collecting are able to do so?

• Like 2