It's here any day now! The Happy Countdown Thread

Interesting. I'm browsing Steam's store at the moment and PoE is on page 2 of the Top Seller list.... already. I'm not 100% sure what this means, but I'm thinking it's a good sign.

Hey they passed Skyrim!

Man so many games from 2012 and 2013 still on the top 10. 2014 was such a bad year for gaming.

I don't think I've ever disagreed so much with a sentence about gaming. Divinity: Original Sin, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and Wasteland 2 all came out in 2014. For me it was probably the best year for gaming in over a decade, but to each their own I suppose.

Getting pretty excited for release.

• Like 4

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

Interesting. I'm browsing Steam's store at the moment and PoE is on page 2 of the Top Seller list.... already. I'm not 100% sure what this means, but I'm thinking it's a good sign.

Hey they passed Skyrim!

Man so many games from 2012 and 2013 still on the top 10. 2014 was such a bad year for gaming.

How many ways are you high right now? 2014 was an amazing year for gaming.

t50aJUd.jpg

Hey they passed Skyrim!

I was a good year... but NOT for AAA titles

Hey they passed Skyrim!

I was a good year... but NOT for AAA titles

But for gaming. I don't care about AAA titles.

t50aJUd.jpg

Obsidian selling it too high. I be surprised if it top seller on steam day it released. 30 bucks I say is a good price to set it too. Elder scrolls mmorpg should be like 20 bucks instead of 60 because its crap. Shame making video games so expensive.

I don't think I've ever disagreed so much with a sentence about gaming. Divinity: Original Sin, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and Wasteland 2 all came out in 2014. For me it was probably the best year for gaming in over a decade, but to each their own I suppose.

Getting pretty excited for release.

I couldn't agree more if your a fan of CRPGs 2014 was a fantastic year. I loved all three of those titles.   12 hours and 4 more days and counting.

Obsidian selling it too high. I be surprised if it top seller on steam day it released. 30 bucks I say is a good price to set it too. Elder scrolls mmorpg should be like 20 bucks instead of 60 because its crap. Shame making video games so expensive.

D:OS's price point was $40 for its entire 3 month+ stay at the #1 spot. PoE is 5 bucks more expensive, but it comes from a more trusted name in gaming. It's a bargain and gamers know it.

I suspect it's pre-orders? They just count 'em as sales, whenever they are, I guess. Now, I dunno what the scope of that is. It's probably something like "for the month of March," or "this week," etc. Or maybe it's the top seller in its genre?

That's pretty awesome, either way, but depending on the criteria, it could make a pretty big difference in what that actually means in terms of sales numbers.

Exactly! Some days ago, some thread ago I asked Obsidian (in this thread where everybody could ask any question) if we could get the total sales numbers like how many copies are sold and how many people exactly backed the game and which amount of total money the got during KS and paypal. But I do not know which topic it was anymore... maybe we will never get an answer to those questions...!?

That is just a placeholder for me that I thought I would share. I have no bloody idea, I just thought "some time" 26th March.

Though, if you want I could make 23-32 more countdown timers (up to 27th of March 09:00 AM, Sweden = 27th March 00:00 AM California) :p

Edited by Osvir

So does this mean it will be available Thursday afternoon? Not First thing Thursday morning 12am?

Either is fine, just wanting to plan my day accordingly...

Edited by seaban

So does this mean it will be available Thursday afternoon? Not First thing Thursday morning 12am?

Right. According to my steam here in Texas, noon CST or 5 pm GMT on March 26th.

So if you want to play right at release, you can sleep in.

Right. According to my steam here in Texas, noon CST or 5 pm GMT on March 26th.

So if you want to play right at release, you can sleep in.

Or skip work.

I was planning on it being released at midnight, that way I could play for a few hours that night. Bah.