It's here any day now! The Happy Countdown Thread

Yay!

It's like 42 days left until we get our grubby hands on Pillars of Eternity. The wait has been fantastic, but having it for real will be even more excellent!

In fact, 42 days before the shipping date only means one thing. The game will soon be locked, including present bugs and all, and burnt on those discs in those physical editions. Obviously, any bug tracking will keep on going frantically, and then there will be a hefty and very important day one patch.

I'm so happy about this. PoE can't come soon enough.

And a huge gratz, Obsidian, for pulling this one off! :thumbsup:  :grin:  8)

• Like 8

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yay!

It's like 42 days left until we get our grubby hands on Pillars of Eternity. The wait has been fantastic, but having it for real will be even more excellent!

In fact, 42 days before the shipping date only means one thing. The game will soon be locked, including present bugs and all, and burnt on those discs in those physical editions. Obviously, any bug tracking will keep on going frantically, and then there will be a hefty and very important day one patch.

I'm so happy about this. PoE can't come soon enough.

And a huge gratz, Obsidian, for pulling this one off! :thumbsup:  :grin:  8)

Yeah the arrival of PoE is imminent, its been an amazing rollercoaster ride being part of the KS and seeing the progress. I'm confident that the game will deliver  :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well it's good, but... I've learned to wait for a few patch updates so that I get a more enjoyable gaming experience. So perhaps by the end of the year it'll be ready.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I have the the week after release booked off for one very specific reason :)

Thats some impressive commitment my friend, well played  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I remember when the game was just announced, there weren't any found or screenshots yet and i was already excited.

It seems yesterday lol, time passes fast

I feel old now.

And sad.

Wtf death will come soon (and maybe a Poe2\3\4 in the process at least)

Edited by Mazisky
  • Like 1

I'm confident that the game will deliver  dancing.gif  dancing.gif

:o ! I hope not! I need my liver!

6_u

:lol:

That was very funny, but I'm stoned..but I'm sure its still funny   :aiee:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

• 3 weeks later...

And now half of this waiting agony has passed. Only 23 days to go until CRPG bliss.

Yep, my hopes and expectations are set sky-high!

I cast Haste and hope that time will pass faster.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Great find, Stun! :)

If it's correct, this would mean it would get released early morning CET, so if a Friday off and then a weekend, I get to immerse myself big time at the get-go.

As of this second, we've got 22 days, 15 hrs, 7 min, 13 sec until release!

OK...

This is odd, but over here it clearly states 22 days, 9 hrs, 7 min, 13 sec until release.

Paradox is based in Sweden, so perhaps we get it six hours earlier. :biggrin:

EDIT: So, it would be nice to know if it's a confirmed Thu-Fri midnight release on Steam etc.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

I'm not an expert on this, but my gut is telling me that it's not really up to Paradox. I think it's up to Steam. And I'm not 100% sure how steam handles those global midnight releases. Do they stagger-release them worldwide so that the game is unlocked when it's midnight in YOUR area, or do they calibrate the release so that the game is released globally at the same time.

Ugh, I don't have the mind for this kind of stuff.

Edited by Stun

I really hope that my Collector's Book will arrive before Pillars of Eternity is released. It would be awesome to spend the days before release savoring the lore of the world. Just the mere thought makes me giddy happy.

Yeah I wanted this to, but it does not look like it is the case.  Or at least not for me since I ordered it off Amazon.  It is not due to be delivered until April.

Indeed, this is brain-wringing stuff. I know of a few rare games on Steam, which had global midnight releases, and they went with the Australian timezone midnight, so they were released very early. Let's hope for something similar this time. Normally, though, Steam is obsessed with releases at 19:00 hrs or slightly later CET.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

I really hope that my Collector's Book will arrive before Pillars of Eternity is released. It would be awesome to spend the days before release savoring the lore of the world. Just the mere thought makes me giddy happy.

Yeah I wanted this to, but it does not look like it is the case.  Or at least not for me since I ordered it off Amazon.  It is not due to be delivered until April.

Ok, it seems I mistook Collector's Book with Guidebook (which I actually meant, since it has the lore I'm so interested in).

http://www.amazon.de/Pillars-Eternity-Guidebook-Obsidian-Entertainment/dp/1616558091/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1425393367&sr=8-3&keywords=pillars+of+eternity

Amazon says the Guidebook will be released on 24th March. So, if I'm lucky it could arrive before the game itself.

Perhaps Obsidian will do something similar to what InXile did? inXile released their juicy manual for free a few dways before WL2 was released - that was great, since it allowed us to dream away and plan our characters ahead. Obviously, it would be so sweet if OE let us backers get our lore books earlier, just because they're awesome. :)

We're in March! And PoE will be released so close of my BD. What a treat!  :dancing:

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Since my small brain cannot keep up with all the lengthy posts in important debates about romances in cRPGs and what a beaver called "Angry Joe" thinks about PoE, I hereby declare this to be my favourite thread on these forums! Onwards to release, we're almost there and let's have fun! \o/

• Like 1