Good day all,

new kid on the block, huge fan of CRPGs even though havent played that in retrospect. Really looking forward to this game

My question, has probably been answered before, but I was wondering how much depth would in game party companions would have ie. personnality, romance, random opinions, hate talk, etc.

This part was one of my favourites from BG2, I'd love how Minsc, Edwin or Viconia would just randomly spew hilarious stuff (especially Minsc).

Thx!

It is hard to say, since there isn't any "real" companions in the beta, people have been playing. It does seem that companion dialogue, story, banter and quests are all very highly prioritized, and personally, getting to know the companions, is one of the things I'm looking most forward to in the game. I think the companions sound very interesting and I believe they will be very deep and well-written.

A list of the known companions, with very short descriptions, as most is still unknown about them.

Romances are not in the game, which is a heavily debatted subject, so look for other threads if you want to know people's opinions about that.

Edited by Polanski
  • Like 1

The developers over at Obsidian have been tight lipped about companions (We have names, classes about it). This is due to decisions not to spoil the games core narrative that some of the companions play a part of. Companion interactions will likely be most similar to Baldur's Gate 1, no romances but plenty of character development. The companions were covered in update #73. >http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65206-update-73-narrative-design-a-day-in-the-life-companion-goals-and-the-undead/?hl=companions

Cheers friend.

I would hope that companion interactions would NOT be most similar to BG1.

My expectation is PS:T level of depth.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

@W.MacKinnon: I sure as hell hope it's not like Baldur's Gate 1. That game had zero companion progression outside of minor side quest here and there for a small bit of em. You couldn't have conversations with companions outside of the one for joining (or leaving in some cases). Now, PST, BG2 - those had some character progression. So... yeah like those 2 games.

• Like 1

Def Con: kills owls dead

If you skip ahead to about 35:30 in this stream Josh Sawyer hosted you'll see the recruitment dialogue for one of the companions. There's a little more interaction later in the stream too.

i really liked the part when Eder asked if he can pet Sagani's fox and later Sagani was asking him how that bite wound the fox gave him was doing

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.