So what's the current progress of Physical Goods?

Did you get your precious photos?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Pretty sure the game has gone gold.

Crap. They should've shipped before the game went gold. The shipping's going to cost a ton now. Gold is heavy, o_o.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

nah, when it goes gold it's shipped to production. I think they just are printing the boxes as of last week. Usually from what I've seen when it's gold it's like a few weeks before release, though sometimes it could be up to a month prior. I think they have enough bugs to fix they'll be busy for a while.

I think they've got to send a copy to Paradox for localisation QA, which they'll then check. If they're happy with it then they need to get the initial DVD mastered (or pen drive if they're using that instead) and check that that's alright then mass produce the DVDs, manuals and other bits that they need to put in the box, assembly the box and start shipping them to various stores and backers. For the backers they've a pile of other stuff they need to ship as well. You'll also note that Adam mentioned last week that they'rd been busy generating builds (probably for Paradox, with different fixes in them). Then some one mentioned JS is supposed to be in Europe some point soon. All that suggests to me that they've either sent paradox a gold master or possibly several Release Candidates in towards a final Gold master build for the DVDs.

From the games I've previously followed the development of generally if your producing physical copies and have a specified release date where your likely supposed to have those physical in store on that date you need 1-2 months at least to get it all done...

Trying to do it a week or two before the release date would be insane.

nah, when it goes gold it's shipped to production. I think they just are printing the boxes as of last week. Usually from what I've seen when it's gold it's like a few weeks before release, though sometimes it could be up to a month prior. I think they have enough bugs to fix they'll be busy for a while.

Yes, except they have to do international shipping to backers - which is why they likely did it earlier.