SWTOR rips off K2 Characters

I just realized a horrible truth:

Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion have been ripped off to ruin two other unique characters--Vitiate (The Emperor) and Revan.

My reasoning?

Vitiate > Nihilus: Well, let's see. He can transcend the physical realm, he wants to eat the galaxy, and he created a device called the "Ravager" in the Sith Warrior story.

Revan > Darth Sion: To make my point undeniable, I'm going to reference Revan's (gag) light side half: "You've carried on, dragging the remains of a body that should have long since faded to dust. Hatred fueled cunning, but burned out all wisdom. Without me, you could not see."

Sigh.

Hey, recycling is all the rage these days. Very eco friendly ;)

But agreed, at least the Nihilus / Emperor comparison was very hard not to make. Not that i would mind if they also re-introduced Visas Marr (no, I don't think she's hiding under Darth Marrs mask)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, the Sith Emperor is basically just Palpatine + Nihlus + POWER LEVEL OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!!! My favourite example of his "characterisation" is in Drew Karpyshyn's Revan, which states the Emperor had decreed that no slave could ever be granted freedom, and the children born of slaves were also considered slaves. Just to let you know that this incredibly complex villain is, in fact, evil.

The whole idea of Revan being split into two reminds me a bit of The Nameless One and The Transcendent One from Planescape: Torment.

"There is no greatness where simplicity, goodness and truth are absent." - Leo Tolstoy

Yes, the Sith Emperor is basically just Palpatine + Nihlus + POWER LEVEL OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!!! My favourite example of his "characterisation" is in Drew Karpyshyn's Revan, which states the Emperor had decreed that no slave could ever be granted freedom, and the children born of slaves were also considered slaves. Just to let you know that this incredibly complex villain is, in fact, evil.

The whole idea of Revan being split into two reminds me a bit of The Nameless One and The Transcendent One from Planescape: Torment.

I think I saw you post something like that a while back, yeah. Could do with some more originality, IMO. Splitting Revan apart for a cliché story ending (and turning him into a maniac on the Imperial side) pretty much ruins his character. What made him unique was his ability to achieve a balance between war and peace, transcend nothingness as the darkness takes him, and become a better tactician than even Thrawn.

I will confess I liked his new look and voice, but if they were going to do something like that, they should have preserved it for a KotOR III or IV and not split him apart or made him mentally flawed.