Wild Orlan - Minor Threat, unexpectedly high number of crits?

Sock

in a rpg or crpg, when failure to take a feat or spell or race becomes a handicap, you have a balance problem.  if is immediate apparent that your fighter should be race A and your chanter should be race B, you have a balance problem.  if choosing race C for your paladin is a functional self gimping and the only reason to do so is "hardcore role-play," then you likely got a balance problem. the developers o' poe specifically observed that they were hoping for better balance from poe compared to d&d crpgs. have one race or class or weapon or whatever that is clear superior is not what the developers were trying to create in poe.

have all races be equal powerful and/or useful? am not seeing that as a problem, but is difficult to do so.  fun is also a consideration, but is much more difficult to guess fun w/o knowing the player personally.  a crpg developer don't have the luxury o' being able to tailor the game to a specific player. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am thinking some folks get too focused with the power aspects o' balance and forget utility.  

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Everything you can do elves can do better, elves are much better at everything than you."

Elves are Korean :o

Lol, WTF? I wish to know your reasoning behind this statement.

No matter how good you are at something, there is always a Korean kid that's better than you. 

Elves are the worst, forever and always.

Incorrect. They are the best to romance.

I disagree. They are barely better than humans to romance. I'd prefer something more wacky. Like a male Gnome or female Half-Orc. Now that would be funny and more interesting than freakin' elves. Too BG2 gave you three choices: Elf, Elf, or if you're feeling adventurous; Half-Elf.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The three things elves are best at:

1. Losing their empires, ancient knowledge, immortality, car keys.

2. Complaining about above, the weather, upstart races having replaced them in the world stage, too many/not enough trees.

3. Hair care

Which all give rise to talking points when I want to seduce them. "Oh, look how deep and understanding this lesser race is, maybe I was all wrong about them!" Then I'm in! I bet they smell nice.

Elves are the worst, forever and always.

Incorrect. They are the best to romance.

I disagree. They are barely better than humans to romance. I'd prefer something more wacky. Like a male Gnome or female Half-Orc. Now that would be funny and more interesting than freakin' elves. Too BG2 gave you three choices: Elf, Elf, or if you're feeling adventurous; Half-Elf.

BG2 was exactly right. Why romance anything BUT an elf when there are elven romances to choose from? Altho, I'd be down with a death godlike romance, Joe Black style. Thank you for the delicious cookies.

Thank god for no species crossbreeding in PoE.

Yep, gotta keep the races pure...  :ermm: