Solo Insanity - U can't touch this

Infinitron

2: Get the summon phantom spell. He's your offense.

3: Make sure to invest in attributes that help you survive such as CON and RES.

4: Get the "Fast runner" Utility Talent.

5: Once the game gets going; take the rouge's cape to allow you to easily escape engagement.

6: Wear heavy armor. Also, use shields.

7: In combat, you'll be faster than nearly all enemies. So go ahead and run around building up chants. Once you have three: summon the phantom! 

8: There are a very few foes you can actually keep up with your speed. These foes are hilariously weak though, and won't be able to deal with your defense. They can't hold you either since you can just disengage them with nearly no penalty. If they chase soon it'll just be the fast little worm and you alone. Go ahead and just wait for the summon.

9: On your first level up I advise investing in "weapon and shield style". Gives you +10 deflection AND reflex defense while using a shield. Totally pwns the fast but weak enemies.

That's pretty much how it works. I should note there is an Ai bug that makes the enemy randomly abandon the fight while you're running away; even if you're not far from them. It's annoying as it "ends battle" and makes you lose your chants. Not a big deal though.

BTW: After I did everything worth doing; I WENT INSANE!!! My pets and I wiped out the whole town!
D1GR38G.jpg
Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

That would just make Perception horribly broken(op). Again.

I don't think so. Interrupt on it's own sucks, having to pump two semi-useless stats to get a high Deflection sucks (making you fairly useless at anything but not getting hit as often by Def attacks) and +1 Accuracy was fine - it was when they bumped it to +2 that it became problematic.

Edited by Sensuki

That would just make Perception horribly broken(op). Again.

I don't think so. Interrupt on it's own sucks, having to pump two semi-useless stats to get a high Deflection sucks (making you fairly useless at anything but not getting hit as often by Def attacks) and +1 Accuracy was fine - it was when they bumped it to +2 that it became problematic.

Didn't you yourself say how strong int barb with high interrupt aoe through carnage is? With added acc to per it would only make it better and maybe actually too good vs some other variants which would end up doing what they don't want. Afaik they want stats to be rather close in power.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70206-accuracy-be-gone/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1565014

FYI Interrupt is severely broken in this build hahhah.

Edited by Killyox

What if Interrupt were moved to DEX, and Accuracy were brought back to PER? It might be nothing, but it seems a little weird, mechanically, to have the same stat make you better at hitting, AND interrupting (since, the more often you hit, the more often you potentially interrupt).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I have the solution:

Might -Same

Con -Same

Dex + Reflex Defense

Perception +Deflection Defense

Intellect +Will Defense

Resolve: +Fort Defense

Boom. Perfectly balanced with tradeoffs and everything is viable. You are welcome. 

Edited by Bazy

I think some problems of the attribute system could be solved by improving interrupt itself. Right now, interrupt is very weak, since for warriors you only add the duration of interrupt animation to their recovery. Against casters, you stilll can cancel current spellcasting, but since spells are generaly weaker and more importantly casting times are much shorter in many cases, interrupt is just bad atm (well, literally, atm it's strong cause perception is bugged :-P ).

I think what interrupt should do is when a character gets interrupted, it resets his recovery time and he has to recover fully again. This would make interrupt considerably stronger against melee enemies, and at the same time make concentration much more important.

This way, there would be 2 more worthwhile stats to put on attributes, making it easier to balance them.

Interrupt is being 'balanced', I wouldn't necessarily say it makes it better in all cases.

It wasn't supposed to be a percentage increase from Resolve, but a flat increase. Since a lot of that stuff wasn't working correctly anyway, I had Dave make the following changes yesterday:

* Interrupt Strength now affects the Recovery time that is added as a result of the Interrupt. E.g. a rapier has a Weak Interrupt, so the Recovery added is 0.35 seconds. Morning stars have a Stronger Interrupt, so the Recovery added is 1 second. The time added generally corresponds to the attack speed of weapons, i.e. faster weapons have lower Interrupt Strength.

* Recovery penalties inflicted by Interrupts do not stack. Six guys dual-wielding clubs with 20 Perception hitting a guy simultaneously will not create an endless stack of inescapable Recovery for a target to dig themselves out of. Incoming Interrupt Recovery penalties can replace the existing penalty only if that time is longer than the remaining duration. A morning star Interrupt would replace almost any club Interrupt, but the inverse would only happen if the morning star's penalty had already ticked down more than 0.65 seconds.

* Interrupts end Engagement, which can allow for easier escapes.

* Interrupt bonus is ([Per -10] * 3). Concentration bonus is ([Res - 10] * 3). Base Concentration is 75, meaning a standard Hit with equal Per/Res values on attacker/defender has a 25% of Interrupt. Grazes subtract -25 from Interrupt, Crits add 25. Thus, on a standard Graze, there is a 0% chance of Interrupt and on a standard Crit, there is a 50% of Interrupt. A difference of 5 points between the Per and Res scores of the attacker/defender will modify the chance to Interrupt by 15%.

All of these values can be tuned for desired impact.

Interrupt is being 'balanced', I wouldn't necessarily say it makes it better in all cases.

* Recovery penalties inflicted by Interrupts do not stack. Six guys dual-wielding clubs with 20 Perception hitting a guy simultaneously will not create an endless stack of inescapable Recovery for a target to dig themselves out of. Incoming Interrupt Recovery penalties can replace the existing penalty only if that time is longer than the remaining duration. A morning star Interrupt would replace almost any club Interrupt, but the inverse would only happen if the morning star's penalty had already ticked down more than 0.65 seconds.

Specifically this point. I don't see how the change would avoid the situation he specifically mentions. Six guys dual wielding clubs with 20 perception would still attack fast enough to continually reapply the same .35 second delay, right? Since it would tick down inbetween each hit, the reapplication would bump it back up to .35, or am I misunderstanding?

Specifically this point. I don't see how the change would avoid the situation he specifically mentions. Six guys dual wielding clubs with 20 perception would still attack fast enough to continually reapply the same .35 second delay, right? Since it would tick down inbetween each hit, the reapplication would bump it back up to .35, or am I misunderstanding?

Yeah, I'm not exactly clear how this fixes that problem either. I guess we'll have to wait and see the actual implementation.

. Six guys dual wielding clubs with 20 perception would still attack fast enough to continually reapply the same .35 second delay, right?

And what's the problem with this? It's actually allright that when you make a party like this and all of you chars are bashing one enemy, they can interrupt him to death. One can assume that you will get annihilated by many other groups of enemies throughout the game with party composition like this. Nothing broken here.

• Like 1

. Six guys dual wielding clubs with 20 perception would still attack fast enough to continually reapply the same .35 second delay, right?

And what's the problem with this? It's actually allright that when you make a party like this and all of you chars are bashing one enemy, they can interrupt him to death. One can assume that you will get annihilated by many other groups of enemies throughout the game with party composition like this. Nothing broken here.

I have to admit, if six guys were all beating me with clubs; I wouldn't be able to move.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.