[435] Cannot hit Skaen Temple Guard(s)

Draksuran

Question

For some reason, of the three Skaen temple guards, two of them are seemingly unhittable.

Spells, attacks, traps, etc, nothing can hit them.

See screenshot below:

post-47382-0-45784300-1423354879_thumb.jpg

The archer I can hit just fine, it's this guard and one at the back (not shown) that are seemingly able to dodge every single attack.

post-47382-0-52033500-1423355735_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

I was able to kill him using Divine Mark with my priest, as I found out, it's because it doesn't use the same stat when determining to hit.

Not sure why the mage's spells miss though (nevermind, figured it out).

Here it is reproduced with the other guard:

post-47382-0-16752300-1423355984_thumb.jpg

As the log shows, seems like his really high defense is what makes me miss.

Is this intentionally that high?

Edit:

Also, I lowered the difficulty from normal to easy and still have the same issue.

Edited by Draksuran

I had a similar issue with the Guards. Deflection and Reflexes for the Guards were often in the 170 range. That would give them something like 30-40 in Perception and Dexterity, as well as 30-40 or so in Resolve.

Pretty scary guards.

Note, this happens when the guards are unbuffed by anything I can see.

That looks like a bug, 195 is way too high

I played yesterday and experienced same problem (Dyrford Ruins, rooms close to Wymund)- in my case the temple guards had even bigger defense stats like >240 (which doesn't seem normal for Normal diff. lvl.). My whole party couldn't hit that NPC even once and my priest's spells were off at that time. After a quickload and a rest I tried to attack them with spells targeting Fortitude cause both their Deflection and Reflex were over 240. I finaly succeeded but it was a nightmare. I think that might be a bug.